Psychedelic substances

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
PJM26
Getting to Know You...

Psychedelic substances

Post by PJM26 »

I am wondering whether anyone on here (specifically those with primary progressive MS) have experimented with any of the following for psychological benefits (i.e. coming to terms with death):

-LSD
-Psylocybin (magic mushrooms)
-DMT

Please, no lectures about legality.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Psychedelic substances

Post by 1eye »

PJM26 wrote:I am wondering whether anyone on here (specifically those with primary progressive MS) have experimented with any of the following for psychological benefits (i.e. coming to terms with death):

-LSD
-Psylocybin (magic mushrooms)
-DMT

Please, no lectures about legality.
Coming to terms with death, if I had a sound mind, is not something I would be willing to try to do by using psychedelics. I have tried lots of them. The problem is, they are very psychoactive, and hallucinations are not going to help. One thing I would not like to have as I leave this life is a bad trip. Death is bad enough by itself (or maybe Steve Jobs was right to say "Oh, wow.").

Psychedelics have been tried as last resorts with things like deadly cases of alcoholism. Personally I think you might have better results from ECT.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Psychedelic substances

Post by 1eye »

I just saw the film available on netflix called DMT. Interesting.

Steve Jobs said "Oh, wow" just before dying.

I am in what I might call the Acceptance stage of the 5 stages of grief. I think it would be hard to convince me not to accept my death, which is coming soon to a theatre near you.

Nobody knows what causes MS. Nobody knows what causes the DMT experience. In fact, nobody knows that DMT doesn't cure MS. It hasn't been tried. Many things have never been tried, but especially psychedelics because there's a built-in society bias against experimenting with them. Art Linkletter had a hand in that. Scientists can't do this kind of science. As with many other things, you are on your own. The closer you are to death, the more you are on your own. So good luck.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “General Discussion”