Effects of Vasectomy

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Kronk
Family Elder

Effects of Vasectomy

Post by Kronk »

Just had a vasectomy and then read some unsupported theory that said having sperm with no where to go can increase the immune response. There are studies that show Vasectomies have no effect on the risk of MS but curious how many men here have had the procedure and if their MS changed post surgery. Maybe PM me if you aren't comfortable posting...

I am kind of beating myself up as I typically research everything but didn't even consider this possibility...
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Effects of Vasectomy

Post by Scott1 »

I don't think helping it go somewhere makes a difference. Maybe it does but I doubt you'll find a study.
blueweb

Post by blueweb »

Hi,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if you, Kronk, or anyone else had more experience to add to this? E.g. if having a vasectomy has/had affected the course of your MS progression?

I also had the procedure and did not see this bit of info until afterwards and am now slightly freaking out.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

It would have no effect at all.

Regards,
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

blueweb wrote:I also had the procedure and did not see this bit of info until afterwards and am now slightly freaking out.
I have read more cases which pro-port that stress is a factor for MS progression. ie "freaking out".
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I had one before I got MS. Hindsight is 20-20. Can't have any more kids either.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
DonnyD

Post by DonnyD »

I have a vasectomy scheduled for later this week and just started reading about potential link between vasectomy and negative auto-immune response.

Kronk, newbie, blueweb - did either of you notice negative changes to your MS post-procedure?

Thanks