Fungus and nails hand and foot

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
cfarris412

Fungus and nails hand and foot

Post by cfarris412 »

Has anyone in this group had to deal with fungus fingernail and toenail? After being on Copaxone for almost 3 years all the sudden a fungus outbreak has occurred starting on big toenail. I do workout but have only used the shower at the gym 3 times, months ago. Do you think we who have MS and are medicated are more susceptible to foreign invaders such as fungus infections? I have been using tea tree oil and just started, but have decided not to mess around and made an appointment with a Podiatrist to treat it. Being I am 55 years old and have never dealt with this, I am finding out this is really difficult to get rid of. Anyone have input or dealt with this please add comments.
Luvsadonut
Family Elder

Re: Fungus and nails hand and foot

Post by Luvsadonut »

Ive suffered with really bad toe nail fungus for over 10 years (had MS for 15 or so), I started using Daktacort (Im in the UK) and it seems to make my toenails fall off which may be a good thing as it possibly means the fungus is being eradictaed...not sure if its goos enough to stop the fungus returning yet. I alsi gave its sister brand (not as strong) to my daughter and it cleared up her toe nail fungs fairly quickly - that is called Daktarin. Google them to find out a bit more :)

As a side note - I was drawn to Daktacort after a study revealed promising results of myelin repair with the cream...bit of a bonus!
cfarris412

Re: Fungus and nails hand and foot

Post by cfarris412 »

Thanks for the info! my podiatrist put me on oral lamisil for 3 months.