Why don't links I make to CPn Help work?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Why don't links I make to CPn Help work?

Post by notasperfectasyou »

my old posts include links and they don't work. I'd like to include in new post. Please help. Thanks, Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Why don't links I make to CPn Help work?

Post by NHE »

notasperfectasyou wrote:my old posts include links and they don't work. I'd like to include in new post. Please help. Thanks, Ken
There are two issues here. The first is that active links in the signature field is a feature that is frequently abused by spammers. As such, they were disabled some time ago. You can still put the link text in your signature field. However, people will need to copy & paste it into their browser's address bar in order to visit the page or, if they're using Firefox, they can select the link text and right click on the highlighted link and select the option to visit that page.

The other issue is with cpn help. Several years ago there was a small group of cpn help dot org members that were abusively posting links to their site and trying to redirect every new member at ThisIsMS to their own site. They were asked to stop spamming the forums with links to their site, but failed to do so. As such, links to cpn help dot org are no longer allowed.

You can still post the URL, but you will have to change it to something like www dot cpn help dot org.

Another option is to encode it using http://tinyurl.com

Thank you for your understanding.