new model of MS: B cells infected by EBV

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
frodo
Family Elder

new model of MS: B cells infected by EBV

Post by frodo »

A recent failure with Tysabri has shed some light into MS pathogenesis. It seems that is not EBV itself, but some B-cells infected by EBV, the cause of MS.
This confirms previous works in this area that found the same problem in the "ectopic b-cells follicles".
The authors of the article propose a model about how lesions develop in this context.

Source:
Massive intracerebral Epstein-Barr virus reactivation in lethal multiple sclerosis relapse after natalizumab withdrawal
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2817300553

Edit: I have put more information about the subject in the subforum of pathogenesis:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/ms-etiolo ... 28881.html
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: new model of MS: B cells infected by EBV

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

That link doesn't seem to pull up an easily readable screen image but I get the gist of it. That whole EBV argument is why I have taken valacyclovir for so long. It has worked well for me. Coming off valacyclovir opened the window for another attack in 2014. Going back on it as soon as I was in trouble and staying on it has been part of my recovery protocol.
It doesn't undo damage but supplements such as CoQ10 and aceytl-l-carnitine plus a diet that has a lot of fatty acids all seem to have helped. I also use the powerful muscle relaxant, Dantrium, and pilates and massage to reverse the effects.
If you can't ablate the B cell then a form of acyclovir to contain EBV's ability to replicate seems a logical thing to do.

Regards,
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Scott1 wrote:Hi,

That link doesn't seem to pull up an easily readable screen image but I get the gist of it. That whole EBV argument is why I have taken valacyclovir for so long. It has worked well for me. Coming off valacyclovir opened the window for another attack in 2014. Going back on it as soon as I was in trouble and staying on it has been part of my recovery protocol.
It doesn't undo damage but supplements such as CoQ10 and aceytl-l-carnitine plus a diet that has a lot of fatty acids all seem to have helped. I also use the powerful muscle relaxant, Dantrium, and pilates and massage to reverse the effects.
If you can't ablate the B cell then a form of acyclovir to contain EBV's ability to replicate seems a logical thing to do.

Regards,
Yes. Looks like a good idea. In fact I remember reading about some MS patients with AIDS that recovered after AIDS medication.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Are they still selling natalizumab? Makes you feel like a third-class citizen. Behind mice. I thought we knew enough before, but now we also know, natalizumab (aka Tysabri, aka Antegren) withdrawal will probably kill you. If you haven't died first from taking it. I feel we are close to a cure, if we can all live long enough. Withdrawal will kill you. It's the perfect addiction.

We seem to have learned that MS is B-cells infected by EBV. Give that man a medal.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
SeanReynolds
Family Member

Post by SeanReynolds »

But then there's the CPn or MAP thesis of MS treated with abx.
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

SeanReynolds wrote:But then there's the CPn or MAP thesis of MS treated with abx.
First time I hear about them. Do you have a link for that?
SeanReynolds
Family Member

Post by SeanReynolds »

CPn Help

see also RHB-104

I'm somewhat bemused that there isn't more awareness of these theses, there's a section on this forum devoted to antibiotic treatment alone.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Bet the guy (or insurance) actually paid cash to be killed by Tysabri. Class actions anyone?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

SeanReynolds wrote:http://www.CPn Help.org

see also RHB-104

I'm somewhat bemused that there isn't more awareness of these theses, there's a section on this forum devoted to antibiotic treatment alone.
Thanks. It seems that the link does not work. I tried to fix it but it is impossible. It looks like the PHPbb software rewritting the address.

Anyway I managed to reach the site and I found that it redirects to http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html . I leave it here in case somebody is interested.
SeanReynolds
Family Member

Post by SeanReynolds »

The CPn Help.org website references Dr David Wheldon's protocol quite heavily, along with a couple of others, and includes links to David's own website, but there is a lot more on the CPn Help.org site in terms of resources, some very interesting linkages I've found between Cpn, macular degeneration, uveitis, retinitis, and the fact that uveitis diagnoses often go hand in hand with MS diagnoses!!!! The smoking gun has been there all along, in plain sight.

However it shouldn't be doing a technical redirect as such.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

https://tinyurl.com/5dyaw9 (CPn~Help)

No spaces

There are a number of us who have done the protocol for cpn. You can read stories in the antibiotic section of this site or on
https://tinyurl.com/5dyaw9 (CPn~Help)
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

New information about the EBV infected B-cells and what they do in the meninges. Still any doubts about EBV?

Novel mechanisms of chronic inflammation in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 12437/full

They speak a lot about the follicles in the meninges, which are formed by EBV-infected B-cells. Some extracts:

*Follicle-like aggregates in the meninges are formed only in secondary progressive MS and correlate with the degree of subpial cortical demyelination and brain atrophy, suggesting that they might contribute to cortical pathology in SPMS

*In addition, pathological studies emphasized the strong association of leptomeningeal formation of ectopic lymphoid follicles with SP-MS.

*Cytotoxic CD8+ T cells accumulated in ectopic follicle-like structures might be the source of these cytolytic molecules