Upright MRI accepted as invention

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
frodo
Family Elder

Upright MRI accepted as invention

Post by frodo »

Today I have found this. The date is 16 May. Though I don't know if to achieve the approval of an invention means anything about its efficacy.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/9649047.html

Title:
Monitoring and treatment of multiple sclerosis
Document Type and Number:
United States Patent 9649047

Abstract:
The present invention relates to a method for monitoring the presence of, or the susceptibility to multiple sclerosis. The method may include obtaining measurements of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) flow in a patient using magnetic resonance imaging, and deriving one or more values representing the CSF flow in the patient. These values may be used to determine if the patient has abnormal CSF flow, as such abnormal CSF flow may be indicative of presence of, or susceptibility to multiple sclerosis. The present invention also discloses that magnetic resonance images may be obtained on patients in various positions, including the upright position.
vesta
Family Elder

Re: Upright MRI accepted as invention

Post by vesta »

I assume this is the FONAR cine upright MRI. I'm amazed it took this long to get a patent. It's about time the role of cerebrospinal fluid flow is recognized as a major factor in many MS patients. This is the only MRI I would consider having done on me. There are apparently 15 centers in the US and one in London. Perhaps now the French will consider buying one. The primary role of CNS fluid flows (blood, CSF) is slowly, (too slowly) entering Medical respectability. One problem, the treatment for impeded fluid flow is likely to be body manipulation such as chiropractic and osteopathic, maybe even massage, which cuts out the drug lobby and puts in doubt current thinking/treatment for MS.

Best regards,

Vesta
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Re: Upright MRI accepted as invention

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Or simply raising your bed to a five degree head up angle? Been saying this for 23 years now. I was the first person to suggest having MRI scans for pwms on an inclined platform, here on this very site, to determine how gravity affects blood flow , csf flow and lymph flow.

Perhaps in another 23 years it will be realised that sleeping flat is the main cause of many conditions.

Kind regards

Andrew
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”