Sometimes cures may just turn out to be worse than diseases

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
eowc
Family Elder

Sometimes cures may just turn out to be worse than diseases

Post by eowc »

Sometimes cures may just turn out to be worse than diseases themselves

In regard of the title above, please consider the following excerpts:

Extrapyramidal Symptoms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapyramidal_symptoms /

Neuroleptic malignant syndrome - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurolept ... t_syndrome

Extrapyramidal symptoms are forms of abnormal body movements that are caused by a blockade of normal dopamine functions in the brain. They occur most commonly as side-effects of certain medications that block dopamine functioning, such as the Typical Antipsychotics, less commonly the Atypical Antipsychotics, and very rarely by antidepressants [ref]. Extrapyramidal symptoms are often found in people with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder who use these medications [ref]. However, these symptoms can also occur in people with Schizophrenia who have never taken any of these medications [ref].

The four main types of extrapyramidal symptoms are Parkinsonian Symptoms, Dystonia, Akathisia, and Tardive Dyskinesia. See here for strategies on how to manage these symptoms......

as quoted from:

http://www.psychvisit.com/conditions/sc ... l#dystonia

Additional information:

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?sh ... 9710&st=30 (Botox Injections For Blepharospasm - Please refer to post 48 - Summary

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2063112#i - Fees-seeking Psychiatrist & Their Fees-paying Patients – Everyone Has All the Undisputed Rights & Responsibilities On Any Grounds to Safeguard the Best Possible Interests of Their Personal Heath Cares & Well-beings

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2386541#i - Follow-up : Fees-seeking Psychiatrist & Their Fees-paying Patients – General & brief idea about psychotherapy

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2064819#i - Duly Licensed & Certified Professional Psychiatrists & Their Compulsory Medical Professionalism of Modern-day 21St Century
Last edited by eowc on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
centenarian100
Family Elder

Re: Sometimes cures may just turn out to be worse than disea

Post by centenarian100 »

It you have schizophrenia, you really have no option except to take anti-dopaminergics
eowc
Family Elder

The Ugly Realities of The Modern Day Medical Professions

Post by eowc »

Follow-up : The Ugly Realities of The Modern Day Medical Professions

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1671945#i - The Ugly Realities of The Modern Day Medical Professions
Last edited by eowc on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
eowc
Family Elder

Post by eowc »

centenarian100 wrote:It you have schizophrenia, you really have no option except to take anti-dopaminergics

Well, with all due respects and given that we simply don't know each other, I simply have no comments about your quirky reply.
eowc
Family Elder

Ugly Realities of Modern Day Medical Profession -Further Det

Post by eowc »

eowc wrote:Follow-up : The Ugly Realities of The Modern Day Medical Professions

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1671945#i - The Ugly Realities of The Modern Day Medical Professions

Further Details:

In regard of the prior posts above, particularly in terms of psychiatric drugs, especially the Typical Antipsychotics & Atypical Antipsychotics, such as the ones that I have mentioned in my very first post (please refer to their full details), they are invariably always subject to solely moneyed-interests abuses at the hands of numerous medical personnel worldwide who simply would not hesitate to exploit the ignorance, gullibility & credulity of their fees-paying patients who are from time to time just simply get treated as mere simpletons by these so-called fully-licensed & duly-accredited medical personnel.

Next, I truly mean no offenses but that's simply the prevailing way of the world that we are living now whereby the sanctity of human lives, especially the poor & needy ones can just be fully ignored outright like garbage or alternatively, human lives themselves, whilst in this case, the affordable, well-to-do & affluent ones, are simply fully exploitable, if not, expendable, purely for the sake of profit-making and revenue-maximization or other 100% profit-oriented medical pursuits of miscellaneous fully self-serving moneyed interests by medical personnel totally irrespective of the welfare, well-beings, if not the very lives of their fees-paying patients.

Meanwhile, whilst most of the truly & highly effective charity causes and efforts, especially the ones meant to help the poor, needy & indigent ones, such as the ones described as so,"there were numerous of them who were not so well-to-do, and therefore they could not pay for such costly health accounts of glimpsing the health experts or to get Botox injections / surgical remedy to deal with their non-stop eyelid-twitching problems." as excerpted from this article https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1673772#i , well, such efforts will eventually just get wiped out outright purely for fully impersonal moneyed interests considerations especially when they turn out to be widely proven effective in helping the poor, needy & indigent ones whilst at the same time, thwarting the commercially profit-maximization goals & "efforts" of those "commercial, fully profit-oriented, purely monies-seeking doctors, pharmacist, pharmaceutical drug dealers, distributors etc.

And apart from the examples shown in the prior posts above, this is a fresh new example - https://healthlinks.net/forum

And Well, that's simply the very cruel & harsh realities of the world that we are living in now, especially for the poor, needy and indigent ones.
Last edited by eowc on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
centenarian100
Family Elder

Post by centenarian100 »

eowc wrote:Well, with all due respects and given that we simply don't know each other, I simply have no comments about your quirky reply.
What I was trying to say is that the potential side effects of the drugs and the potential conflicts of interests of the prescribers are irrelevant. Many people with chronic paranoid schizophrenia are so dysfunctional that they have no choice except to take medications for their condition.

cent
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

centenarian100 wrote:
eowc wrote:Well, with all due respects and given that we simply don't know each other, I simply have no comments about your quirky reply.
What I was trying to say is that the potential side effects of the drugs and the potential conflicts of interests of the prescribers are irrelevant. Many people with chronic paranoid schizophrenia are so dysfunctional that they have no choice except to take medications for their condition.

cent
Your statment is entirely false. At least since the 1970’s Dr Newbold could demonstrtate how food « allergies » could trigger psychotic reactions. Schizophrenics can successfully treat themselves through diet and supplements (though at first they may need help to get on the right track.) Some may recover after only 5 days of detox.

See below. (I admit, it’s easiet for me to copy out what I’ve already written. Previously published on my site http://www.mscureenigmas.net/)
MS Food Aug 19 2016

Upon re-reading Mega-Nutrients For Your Nerves by H.L. Newbold, M.D. (1975) I realize I have failed to insist on the role of food allergies in MS pathology.  Not only must a healing diet provide optimal nutrients, it must avoid foods which “poison” through “allergy”…

I bought Dr. Newbold’s book February 28, 1983 (now out of print,  available only second hand) while trying to work out a supplement program on my own.  Dr. Newbold practiced medical nutrition in Manhattan with particular interest in emotional disorders.  He recommended work with an MD who should do a full allergy, vitamin (especially blood serum Vit B12 and folic acid), mineral (hair sample), chemical and endocrinological work-up. He himself had hypoglycemia which had led to his interest and eventual expertise in medical nutrition.

Right. There was only one M.D. at my San Francisco HMO interested in vitamins and medical nutrition, he was treated like a leper by his colleagues, and his advice was very conservative, even rudimentary. While Dr. Newbold’s advice was in keeping with what I would eventually do (eliminate sugar, milk, glutens, refined foods, eat high protein diet with raw vegetables, full spectrum light etc) I never tried the mega-dose of vitamins he recommended. I lacked the confidence to do that on my own. Also, I couldn’t obtain the blood tests. It would take another year to find the equivalent therapy, though with a Phd nutritionist/kinesiologist Dr. Jimmy Scott.

Dr. Scott used the unorthodox kinesiology muscle test to determine my allergies, his definition of allergy being that an allergen perturbs the body’s energy flow which can be observed by a weakened test muscle.  Dr. Newbold used the somewhat clumsy fasting, mono food method. After fasting 5 days to remove all foods in the body, one re-introduces a substance one at a time to see if there is a reaction.  Dr. Arthur Coca introduced pulse testing having observed that the pulse rate increases after eating a food to which one is allergic. (See Jimmy Scott’s book page xiii Cure Your Own Allergies in Minutes 1988. Also check out the pulse test self help site. If the pulse rate increases, doesn’t that right there imply a stress response?). My Paris Doctor considers Kinesiology muscle testing too subjective and prefers blood tests (250 food items tested).  This is probably Cytotoxic testing in which reactions in the white blood cells are observed. Dr. Scott feels these are only 75% valid and only if a food item has been recently eaten. Dr. Newbold finds traditioinal skin allergy tests are only 20% effective.  So it’s not easy finding a therapist who can work up a valid personalized food allergy profile.

It’s generally safe to assume an allergy to glutens (wheat).  Other grains need to be checked out. I can eat buckwheat, rice, corn and barley. 

Dr. Newbold observed the reaction of a woman fed a corn solution in a film produced by Dr. Theron Randolph. She instantly displayed psychotic behavior which lasted 4 days.  (see pg 44). She obviously was allergic to corn.

What does a psychotic reaction to a food have to do with MS?  It’s the biochemical impact on the brain and central nervous system which implicates both pathologies, though in different ways.
Best regards, Vesta
eowc
Family Elder

Fair enough then,

Post by eowc »

centenarian100 wrote:

cent

Alright, that's simply fair enough.

All in all, since it's finally the curative and therapeutic outcomes that would solely & eventually matter to the fees-paying patients seeking treatments from any fees-seeking doctors including the psychiatrists, and about the fees-seeking doctors, in any cases treating their fees-paying patients, reasonably anyone, especially the / any fees-paying patients would agree with the below:

"Well, for the professional psychiatrists seeking fees from their patients for their professional services, well, rather than getting their original medical conditions improved as expected, but just simply on the other way round, turning their medical conditions progressively from bad to worse, such as making them end up contracting any of the totally unexpected & fully unwanted dire neuromuscular, neurological & neurodegenerative disorders of Extrapyramidal Symptoms (EPS) -

Extrapyramidal system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapyramidal_system
/

Extrapyramidal symptoms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapyramidal_symptoms

etc. from the use of the related medications dispensed to them etc.,then naturally these fees-paying patients simply have all the undisputed rights to take whatsoever remedial actions anytime or immediately to seek damages & compensations from these fully licensed & certified medical professionals, and in the worst case scenario, just have their medical practicing licenses getting fully revoked on the fully valid grounds of gross negligence, miscellaneous breaches of professional conducts, any medical malpractices, non-feasance, malfeasance, gross misrepresentations (outright lyings - such as this particular example - https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1671945#i) etc. by their respective professional medical bodies and associations which certify these licensed professionals in the first place."

as excerpted from :

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2064819#i

Whilst the key point remains that, for such victims suffering ignorantly, gullibly & fully unknowingly from all these various permanently grievous & definitely irreversibly incapacitating bodily harms as the very results of the miscellaneous medical malpractices frivolously inflicted by the completely profit and-money-oriented medical personnel, well, could or would these victims just simply acquiesce & connive with such blatant injustices so as to just simply take such purposely inflicted misfortunes lying down & just simply "accept the realities" that nothing injustices or nothing wrong / wrongful have happened to them at all ?
Last edited by eowc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Legally MDs are required to practice only the "standard of the community". If the standard is to prescribe poison, they cannot be legally attacked. This puts conscientious MDs in a bind. Patients really need to inform themselves and pose informed questions to their doctors, consider benefits against risks. Also Allopaths are not generally trained in nutrition or alternative medicine. I think the development of all these drugs for an "incurable" disease like MS lulls patients to sleep and discourages them from finding another solution and sometimes once they have been launched into a medication the damage has been done.

Best regards, Vesta
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

My PSW is from Cameroon. I got an interesting story from her. Her father was diagnosed with and treated for prostate cancer. He was given a new drug specifically for prostate cancer. Unfortunately the new drug was already banned in the US, because it causes death. A friendly doctor told him to get off the drug immediately, before it killed him. Regardless of the ban, it was being dumped in Africa, and was being allowed to kill people, because they were willing to pay for it. Her father has still not recovered from the drug. However, after he stopped taking it, he was retested and found never to have had prostate cancer at all. He had been mis-diagnosed and mistreated.

If he lived in the US, he would have found a lawyer eager to sue. But he lives in Cameroon. You can take this story as an anecdote. But I think the experience is not a unique one.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
eowc
Family Elder

A very simple principle & reality for the fees-paying patien

Post by eowc »

vesta wrote:Legally MDs are required to practice only the "standard of the community". If the standard is to prescribe poison, they cannot be legally attacked. This puts conscientious MDs in a bind. Patients really need to inform themselves and pose informed questions to their doctors, consider benefits against risks. Also Allopaths are not generally trained in nutrition or alternative medicine. I think the development of all these drugs for an "incurable" disease like MS lulls patients to sleep and discourages them from finding another solution and sometimes once they have been launched into a medication the damage has been done.

Best regards, Vesta

Well, all in all, it all would just come down eventually to the very simple principle & direct reality that fees-paying patients paying medical fees / monies to the fees-seeking doctors are undoubtedly to get themselves healed, treated & cured eventually rather than making things worse in the end.

And it's simply all common senses

Whilst in the case of psychiatrists, these medical fees / monies are certainly, definitely & simply not paid by the related fees-paying patients to the fees-seeking doctors for eventually getting EPS in the end - http://www.psychvisit.com/conditions/sc ... l#dystonia

Additional Information:

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2063112#i -Fees-seeking Psychiatrist & Their Fees-paying Patients – Everyone Has All the Undisputed Rights & Responsibilities On Any Grounds to Safeguard the Best Possible Interests of Their Personal Heath Cares & Well-beings

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2386541#i - Follow-up : Fees-seeking Psychiatrist & Their Fees-paying Patients – General & brief idea about psychotherapy

http://www.psychvisit.com/treatments/Ps ... erapy.html - Psychotherapy
Last edited by eowc on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Post by DrGeoff »

There is a quick rule of thumb that Dopamine deficiency = Parkinsons disease.
An excess of Dopamine = schizophrenia
Most of us are somewhere in between.

Quite often the first diagnosis of Parkinsons (in the UK) is made following the administration of dopamine (usually co-careldopa as Sinemet or Madopar) and observation to see if the symptoms reduce.
Contrast this with the diagnostic process for MS (roughly 80% commonality of symptoms with MS) which is a process of elimination after a number of tests.

You can also contrast the two statements:
"No, we are not allowed to accept freebies"
" You are invited to join our advisory panel on [insert condition here]. The next panel meting is in [insert name of fashionable resort here]. Of course we will cover all out-of-pocket expenses. Where shall we send the airline tickets?".

If there is big money in a drug, there will be big money to promote it.

G
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Sometimes, as many addicts know, freebies kill. Consider the source, and stay away anyway.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
eowc
Family Elder

Moneyed-interests & factors dominate & prevail over everythi

Post by eowc »

DrGeoff wrote:
If there is big money in a drug, there will be big money to promote it.

G
"big money in a drug", "big money to promote it".

Well, evidently that just means huge monetary investments getting spent commercially in launching & marketing both new & existing pharmaceutical drugs.

Next, while the monetary returns on such commercial investments would undoubtedly & ultimately depend on & come substantially from the fees-paying patients who just turn out to be the end users of these big-moneyed drugs whereby the bigger and the greater the sales of such drugs to the fees-paying patients, the greater and the bigger would be the return on the monetary investments of these big-moneyed drugs, and that's the so-called the goal of commercial / moneyed-interests profit-maximization.

And obviously,that's definitely viewed solely from the standpoints of the moneyed-interests motivations & definitely nothing else whereby everything is considered based purely on the impersonal profit & loss accounts of these big-moneyed drugs investors, which could include the developers, manufacturers, distributors and the medical personnel themselves.

Next, reasonably anyone would agree that, at least on any / mere and the very basic ethical grounds & under any circumstances, the fees-paying patients' welfare, well-beings, health cares & eventually their very lives simply shouldn't be sacrificed for such purely self-serving profit-oriented moneyed-interests "medical pursuits"

Well, all in all, it all would just come down eventually to the very simple principle & direct reality that fees-paying patients paying medical fees / monies to the fees-seeking doctors are undoubtedly to get themselves healed, treated & cured eventually rather than making things worse in the end.

And it's simply all common senses at least for the fees-paying patients.

Whilst in the case of psychiatrists, these medical fees / monies are certainly, definitely & simply not paid by the related fees-paying patients to the fees-seeking doctors for eventually getting EPS in the end - http://www.psychvisit.com/conditions/sc ... l#dystonia

Additional Information:

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2063112#i -Fees-seeking Psychiatrist & Their Fees-paying Patients – Everyone Has All the Undisputed Rights & Responsibilities On Any Grounds to Safeguard the Best Possible Interests of Their Personal Heath Cares & Well-beings

http://www.psychvisit.com/treatments/Ps ... erapy.html - Psychotherapy
eowc
Family Elder

Follow-up : Common senses for (fees-paying) patients

Post by eowc »

And it's simply all common senses at least for the fees-paying patients[/i].....

.....as quoted from :

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 29301.html (please refer to the post entitled "Moneyed-interests dominate & prevail over everything ?")

Follow-up : Common senses for (fees-paying) patients

First of all, please refer to my very first posts for further follow-ups in regard to the title " Moneyed-interests & factors dominate & prevail over everything " as stated above.

Whilst in my case saddeningly, everyone around me, including the doctors I paid for, etc just openly & knowingly keep me in the dark about this EPS - http://www.psychvisit.com/conditions/sc ... l#dystonia before I recover substantially from it about a decade ago. Whilst, the entire process was absolutely a painful ordeal.

As such, it’s obviously just mere common sense that anyone, especially the (fees-paying) patients shouldn’t ever get EPS - http://www.psychvisit.com/conditions/sc ... dystonia[b] in the very first place to avoid any potentially & contingently unwanted bodily harms, disasters, catastrope[/b] whilst the related curative and therapeutic responsibilities naturally & certainly rest with the (fees-seeking) duly accredited doctors who are supposed & professionally obliged to make sure that all the patients they treat and cure get better and better gradually rather than making their conditions turning worse and worse from time to time / get (irreversibly) worst in the end.

Next, this particular needle-free acupuncture for Blepharospasm - http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1428266#i, being one of the landmark symptoms of Dystonia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia, is just one of the numerous methodologies that is conclusive, definitive & foolproof enough that I am able to provide to the intended others to at least relieve themselves of the related pains & sufferings to the very minimum extent.

In the meantime, the (needle-free) acupuncture solutions for other types of dystonia, especially spasmodic torticollis - the one causing the head to rotate to one side, to pull down towards the chest, or back, or a combination of these postures - Please refer to the website : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia are relatively very much more complicated & definitely require the specific therapeutic consultancies & assistance from the related really expert acupuncturists, to at least improve the incapacitating conditions of such painful and disabling neurological disorder(s).

All in all, kindly be let known especially by the numerous intended others that the posts above, especially this one - https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1876376#i - Botox Injections & Surgical Solutions For Blepharospasm / Chronic Eyelid Twitching / Eye Blinking Disorders - Are They Really Viable & Practical Cures ? - Further In-depth Explanations, are merely the curative & therapeutic experiences that I have shared so far with the numerous intended others, particularly to whom who may concern (especially the one still suffering from these serious illnesses), purely from my very own standpoints of a patient who were once suffering from these painfully incapacitating illnesses before, more than a decade ago (of which I totally recovered once-and-for-all from that point of time).

Whilst as for the (needle-free) acupuncture solutions for other types of dystonia, especially spasmodic torticollis - the one causing the head to rotate to one side, to pull down towards the chest, or back, or a combination of these postures (of which I have once also suffered from that as well more than a decade ago before I got totally cured once-and-for-all) - Please refer to the website : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia,

And well, that's just hope that such (needle-free) acupuncture solutions efforts, works & the related research & developments (R&D) etc. will be furthered, advanced & continued from time to time by other really expert acupuncturists & the related fully accredited acupuncture medical field personnel, so as to at least come up with something really curative & therapeutic useful to further relieve the sufferings of the numerous intended related others especially the ones still suffering from other types of dystonias - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia, and other bodily incapacitating neurology complications etc.

Whilst saddeningly, the harsh & cruel reality of this world that we are living in is that, reasonably I guess that whenever it comes to moneyed-interests & factors, anything, possibly even human lives, can just simply be abandoned / thrown away outright like garbages, and that may just include kin / kinship as well, maybe, simply for the sake of that.

Hence, it’s just another matter of common sense that, don’t simply ever just pay the doctors so as to eventually end yourselves up as / like garbages in the end - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystonia# ... ia2010.JPG
Last edited by eowc on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.