1st movement after waking triggers violent muscle spasms

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1st movement after waking triggers violent muscle spasms

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
I've looked and looked to find something that relates to your dehydration. Overwhelmingly, the pan colitis itself is regarded as the problem behind it.

This note was useful for those who have it . https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... nZgTsHcG8g

The only thing I can suggest it you get tested for all the unusual things that I have often pointed out (mycoplasma, chlamydia, rickettsia) and maybe ask for a really thorough investigation for any travellers bugs etc. If the colitis is not caused by those things then at least you want to know that you are blaming the right thing. I'd still be using a good probiotic but maybe take a higher than normal dose for a while.

Sorry I couldn't really help.

Regards,
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Scott1, I thank you. And, you have helped.
Your emphasis on movement and exercise has encouraged me to become more physically active; this week is the first week ever that I've gone to the exercise room everyday (even in the light rain on my mobility scooter) and doing so is starting to become habitual. Additionally, i've been riding my exercise bicycle more frequently and walking the hallway more frequently. These are things that are very good for me.
I will be taking coenzyme Q10 and acetyl L-Carnitine. I'm going to look into getting massage as well. The dry needling thing I still don't know what it is but I will find out. Additionally, I will be reviewing your messages to see if I've missed anything.

:-D Thank You :-D
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Very pleased to hear what you're doing. No matter what stage we are at we can still take control of ourselves.

This Q and A video explains a bit about dry needling. .Youtube is full of videos about it, complete with silly music and bad production values, but I think this tells you more. As a process it's no big deal to have done but it is very effective.

If you can put up with the music, what is said in this video is also helpful (the music did my head in!)

Regards
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I'm watching the videos.

Also, what do you think of dry brushing :?:
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Certainly not against it but I doubt it will remodel your tensional networks that are controlled by fascia. Even the movement I do takes time to have an impact.

You may feel better but I really don't know. Try it.

Regards.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

THX1138 wrote:I'm watching the videos.

What I mean is: Dry brushing to improve circulation :?:
I guess it helps to say what I mean.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

How can I bump the very first message on this topic :?: I just revised expanded and updated it.
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 29412.html
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I just read your revised post.

Everything I have suggested I still you should do (CoQ10, Aceytl-l-carnitine, magnesium, probiotics) . In addition you need to look for all and any cause of inflammation. So this means extensive blood tests for pathogens (mycoplasma, chlamydias, rickettsia, heliobacteri pylor, travellers bugs and on and on). You have to do this to eliminate them if you have them. I also take 2x500mg of valacyclovir as an antiviral to control EBV replication. You can't get rid of it but you can really squash it.

Read "Healing Lyme disease Coinfections"by Steohen Harrod Buhner https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Lyme-Dis ... 1620550083 for a very good explanation of how bacterial pathogens work. You don't have follow his protocols but his explanations are good.

Stop using added sugar (not naturally occuring sugar) in foods. Avoid Gluten. Read "Grain Brain" by David Perlmuter for an explanation.

Stay with your Paleo diet but don't obsess about strict measurements. Your body is self correcting. Remember, however, it can take a year or more for the body to give up bad habits (i.e. that's why obese people fail on diets) . It takes more take and discipline than you imagine because the body has to unlearn bad patterns of signalling.

Above all start exercising eccentrically (i.e. Pilates) as you are not just tight but weak as well. If you introduce things to release the tightness then the weakness is exposed. If your muscles are tight you have restricted movement. If they are released and weak then you will hardly be able to move. You must exercise if you want to be able to move when the tightness is released.
It's not hard to release tightness. 2x25mg of Dantrium will do it but if your muscles are not used to movement you will end up on the floor and think you have nosed dived to a worse place. At the moment, though you don't realise it, you are using the tightness in your body like scaffolding to hold you up. When you release the muscles you have to exercise more to regain the pattern of normal movement.

Your pancolitis is a real difficulty. It's an obvious source of inflammation and the dehydration points to potential for issues with a lot of metabolic pathways. It is not going to be easy to sort that out.

You could try doing what I do and see if it helps. It may not. Cherry picking bits won't help as it is the sum of all the things that makes a difference.

I never discuss Vitamin D as it confuses me. I did read that it may help Colitis. My view has always been that it is not much use pushing up the serum count if you can't access it. The vitamin D receptors are part of a much larger group called thyroid like nuclear receptors. The master switch in that group is called the retinoid X receptor. It can be upregulated by 9-cis-retinoic acid. The only safe way I can think to do that is to drink fresh carrot juice. Not much point turning on the light switch if the mains are off. If you are thinking of Vitamin D perhaps you could add Carrot juice.

Regards,
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I never discuss Vitamin D as it confuses me. I did read that it may help Colitis. My view has always been that it is not much use pushing up the serum count if you can't access it. The vitamin D receptors are part of a much larger group called thyroid like nuclear receptors. The master switch in that group is called the retinoid X receptor. It can be upregulated by 9-cis-retinoic acid. The only safe way I can think to do that is to drink fresh carrot juice. Not much point turning on the light switch if the mains are off. If you are thinking of Vitamin D perhaps you could add Carrot juice.
Frankly, I don't want to have anything to do with vitamin D ever again until this muscle spasticity gets better. Since taking the vitamin D, which I stopped about 3 years ago, i've been sensitive to calcium and I haven't been able to keep magnesium deficiency symptoms away for any length of time.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

THX1138 wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I'm watching the videos.

What I mean is: Dry brushing to improve circulation :?:
I guess it helps to say what I mean.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Every little bit might help. I doubt, from what you have described, that it will make of a difference. It would be nice if you proved me wrong.

Regards,

(You could try the carrot juice!)
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

(You could try the carrot juice!)
What might carrot juice do for me :?:
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I noticed some references in an earlier article about Vitamin D. As you pointed out you don't get much help from Vitamin D. I thought you may get some benefit from the retionoids that can upregulate the receptors that control the complex VDR belongs to.

There's also this simple note - http://renewyou.ca/health-programs-croh ... rot-juice/
and experiences like this - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=28241

if you google 'carrot juice colitis" you eventually get pages of references of how retinoids help colitis.

Regards,
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

As I'm not up to reading much these days, I didn't fully look at the carrot juice sites. However I do want to be drinking vegetable juice and I do like carrot juice, and I will keep in mind the takeaway, for me, is that carrot juice equals good. I have a good juicer and that should be coming in handy
Today I ordered the acetyl-l carnitine and the coenzyme Q10 in addition to a beet juice powder called Beet Beet Beet.
Regarding zinc and copper i've been taking the new supplements for a few days now at a zinc to copper ratio of 37.5 to 1.
Also, I continue to go to the exercise room everyday (M-F). Today, I went for the longest ever on the machine which I use, which is the NuStep machine.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

:thumbie: re zn and cu. time for tests end of oct i hope :D
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.