Dehydrated & getting worse though drinking 1> gallon a day

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: Dehydrated & getting worse though drinking 1> gallon a

Post by THX1138 »

I started mixing in the Salt for Life with my water last night. I noticed what I believed to be good results from the very first glass, though I'm leery about getting too excited yet. Overall, what I've noticed so far is that drinking the salted water just seems to be more hydrating - like my body was actually getting the water, instead of me just dumping water down my throat. For example my eyes normally feel dry just about all the time. But now, they've had a slight bit of watering two or three times in the last 24 hours; this is definitely different for me. Also, I haven't become as dried out from eating as before.
What I did was mix one quarter teaspoon of the salt per pint of water, approximately. The water I mixed the salt with was my magnesium water mix which has about 400 mg of Natural Calm per gallon of water.

Things look positive to me, but I will experiment with this salting of the water and make more observations.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I have been mixing 1 teaspoon of Salt for Life with my magnesium water mix which has about 400 mg of Natural Calm per gallon of water since my last post on Wed Oct 18, 2017 .

It does seem to be more hydrating than plain, filtered tap water. My eyes have started having a few tear drops a number of times a day mainly when when I squeeze them tightly closed. Regarding feeling thirsty, I almost never feel thirsty anyway.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi i was looking something up and came across this

Latent Tetany And Anxiety, Marginal Magnesium Deficit, And Normocalcemia
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/16df/8 ... 9a4c0a.pdf

although i know a lot of our recent mag chats occurred in hijack format on newb's topic, thought i would add this bit here instead.
not sure whether we've touched renal wasting much in recent yrs but certainly could be applicable in your case - and the study mentions relevant tests (of the era) to confirm
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Thanks.

I'm not quite sure where to go with this information, my general sense of what to do is to take more magnesium :!: :?:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

there were some tests mentioned in there that could help determine, if memory serves, if there might be a hormonal element to your recalcitrant low mag status
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

My daily mix of 112 oz of water mixed with 400 mg of Natural Calm and 2.5 teaspoons of Salt for Life are helping with the dehydration. I'm currently feeling positive about clearing up the chronic dehydration issue. The addition of the Salt for Life and the quantity I'm currently using are key.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

glad the salt thought is panning out
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

The salting of my water helped for a while, but then (as I recall) didn't. I may give it another go, though...

And I did. I just mixed 1.5 tsp Salt for Life with about 2/3 gallon of water.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i'm posting response to the help thread
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

So, should we split the discussion between Dehydrated & getting worse though drinking 1> gallon a day & JL, Help Needed! :?:
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Pink Himalayan Salt Has Benefits that Make It Superior

According to this article and many other sources I have researched, Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. It has all kinds of nutritional and therapeutic properties

Here is a link to the full article:
https://draxe.com/pink-himalayan-salt/

I started using Pink Himalayan Salt several years ago. I was always one to avoid added salt throughout my life. Yet in spite of a tremendous increase in salt consumption, my sodium level has hardly changed. This is apparently normal as the body self regulates its sodium level.

This well written article explains why:

https://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/news-blog/salt-water

From that article:

The human body, like most animal bodies, has the same salinity as seawater. This means a 110-pound person has about 40 teaspoons of NaCl in their system and a 160-pound person has about 58 teaspoons. Healthy bodies strictly regulate salinity levels. This was proven by Dr. Jens Titze and his team at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany when they studied men participating in a simulated space flight program. The men were given 12 g of salt per day, 9 g per day, or 6 g per day. No matter how much or how little salt was given out, the sodium levels of the participants remained the same.

Water is essential for life. It’s critical for regulating body temperature, preventing constipation, flushing out waste and toxins, and performing all major bodily functions. As with all essential inputs, there is such as a thing as too little or too much. Interestingly, water and sodium go hand in hand. Our bodies require both in a proper balance. Like water, sodium is essential which means it must be consumed to have it. Sodium is an electrolyte that helps regulate the amount of water that’s in and around cells.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I am chronically dehydrated and last night I peed about 1 gallon in 8 hours. Over night I drank about 40 oz of water mix (see below).

I normally pee roughly half a gallon and drink about 40 oz water overnight.

During the day I drink about a gallon of water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt, 750 mg of potassium citrate, 1 tsp Natural Calm, and 1 cap of Remyte.

I have to drink water overnight otherwise my muscle spasms are much much worse and I might not even be able to get out of bed in the morning (It has happened).

I don't drink alcohol and I don't drink caffeine and I don't exercise to speak of and I don't have a hot environment and I don't take diuretic drugs.

I do take about 1 gram of fish oil per day.

Return to “General Discussion”