Vegans

A board where people can laugh about their day to day experiences with MS, to combat some of the stress that goes with this illness.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Vegans

Post by NHE »

ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Vegans

Post by ElliotB »

"10 Reasons Why I’ll Never Be Vegan"

https://empoweredsustenance.com/is-vegan-healthy/

Reason 7 would be of most interest to those here on TIMS:

7. Vegan isn’t the answer to autoimmune disease

Autoimmunity is a 21st century epidemic, with 50 million people suffering with an autoimmune disease in America (according to AARDA) But did you know that you can address autoimmunity with diet? I’m living proof that it works! Three years ago, my ulcerative colitis was so advanced that my doctors wanted to remove my colon. Instead, I decided to do whatever it took to heal myself naturally. Now, I’m completely symptom free (and colon intact!) thanks to my dietary changes.

All disease begins in the gut, and all disease must be addressed by improving gut health. In the case of autoimmunity, the intestines are permeable to bacterial toxins and undigested proteins (leaky gut), which cause an problematic immune response.

To heal leaky gut, specific foods must be removed from the diet and nutrient-dense foods should be emphasized. The two leaders in leaky gut dietary treatment – Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride and Sarah Ballantyne – both agree that animal products are a nonnegotiable, essential part of healing leaky gut to address autoimmunity.

Interestingly, vegetables (and fruits) are typically loaded with naturally occurring lectins some/many of which are know to cause inflammation and leaky gut.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

bioavailable zinc. need to get thru a looooot of veg to get enough daily zinc for decent wound healing, including the tight junction problems seen in leaky gut. or in my case (one of many examples above and beyond leaky gut) enough to heal up the spinal cord fast enough after an LP, to avoid post LP-headache

active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

According to the all wise, all knowing internet:

oysters, red meat, and poultry are excellent sources of zinc in addition to vegetable sources.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

yup. and we can do a little better than 'the all wise, all knowing internet' :roll:

http://bit.ly/2AJq9x6
http://bit.ly/2dOdha6
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Humor”