Going though a relapse

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
81Charger
Family Elder

Re: Going though a relapse

Post by 81Charger »

I've been away from a computer for the last few days, sorry for not getting back sooner. You are right Jimmylegs, they were Jamieson so I've stopped taking those and bought a different kind. They are 500mg but I'll have to post the make up of these ones but I know that they are different than the Jamieson ones. Also Scott1 they are not keeping me in the hospital I just daily for a couple of hours to get the IV so I've had no blood test. I'm in Canada Moose and you can't buy clemastine fumarate here. I've checked Amazon and I can get some there and shipped to me so that's what I'm going to try. The steroid's have helped a little bit but still a long ways to go. I go for my final one tonight.

Thanks Glenn
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Let's go back to the original post.

It's not clear what constitutes a relapse for you. If this is the third in 10 years then that's pretty good.

Are the symptoms the same, different, more or less intense than previous attacks? Is there some other ailment that you don't normally think of as MS related that you have experienced recently?

By the sound of it sleeping is a problem. Is that the case or is it that you feel tired even when you have slept?

Regards,
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

Hi Scott1 I just saw your response now when I was coming back to this post. My three relapses have all been different, my first was double vision, my second was the heat of the afternoon I got very weak and could hardly walk. My third was my right leg got very weak and my coordination was affected. I've recovered some but unfortunately not as good as before. I sleep excellent, I usually get 7 hours a night but feel like I could sleep more most mornings.

I just recently started taking clemastine fumarate. I've been taking one per night but I'm not sure if that's enough for me to see any benifits.

Thanks Glenn
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Greetings: I stopped my first big attack with a Shiatsu massage which apparently released the vein's smooth muscle spasms and the blood flow. An acupuncture treatment will stop one, the earlier the better. Just get a friend to massage the back. I can stop one with a TENS electrical stimulation. No one wants to believe that so I won't say more here, but if you are really interested, just ask.

Best regards, Vesta