Time of day affects severity of autoimmune disease

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MSUK
Family Elder

Time of day affects severity of autoimmune disease

Post by MSUK »

Insights into how the body clock and time of day influence immune responses have been revealed in a study published in the journal Nature Communications...Read more -http://www.ms-uk.org/time-day-affects-s ... ne-disease

MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
David1949
Family Elder

Re: Time of day affects severity of autoimmune disease

Post by David1949 »

OK But we aren't mice and EAE is not MS.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Time of day affects severity of autoimmune disease, etc.

Post by 1eye »

Some people think MS is not auto-immune, and I think auto-immunity is a crock designed to help nobody but doctors seeking fees. That aside, this business of circadian effects deserves more attention. Mice being nocturnal means any application of work on circadian rhythms on mice has to be initially thought out in terms of the diurnal cycle, and proven to have similar effects on diurnal mammals.

Personally I believe the main effect of MS on me has been to rob me of my energy reserves after about 3PM, which means my life is shortened by maybe 1/4, as without MS I would have been able to be awake and energetic far longer EACH DAY. This is a major circadian effect.

In other news, I got a new kind of AFO of carbon fibre, with two steel springs which assist my dorsiflection. It is much lighter, and makes walking very much easier. I hear my left foot slap when I walk, where before it dragged.

BIOTIN is still improving my life.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

1eye
The new AFO sounds interesting. Is there a name for it or a link to it?

Thanks

Dave
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

David1949 wrote:1eye
The new AFO sounds interesting. Is there a name for it or a link to it?

Thanks

Dave
Apparently there are two versions. I have the single-sided version: http://fillauer.com/Orthotics/Dynamic-Walk.html

Chris
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)