CCSVI dead - surely an apology needed from Cheerleader

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: CCSVI dead - surely an apology needed from Cheerleader

Post by NHE »

whyRwehere wrote:Exercise is limited to standing up, but he does have physio for his legs twice a week, and recently for a frozen shoulder, after an injection, and will try a motomed (self pedaling stationary bike), which he hasn't done forever, because it is located at the hospital physio place, and he couldn't use it and is way to expensive to buy for home, which is a pity as they really help with spasticity.
The Motomed devices look nice, but there are much lower cost options available. Please read Tif's thread where she discusses getting a motorized pedaling machine from Amazon for around $90. It can be used for either arms or legs.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 29740.html
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Thanks Jimmylegs and NHE,
Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. Am definitely going to try and improve the supplements (coQ10 in morning with D And biotine) and the d mag calcium zinc cocktail with the ALA in eve, Jummy).
Now to look at those pedal things,
Why
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok ouch.

defs need some mag with the d3 in the am AND another mag dose all by itself at some other time of day.

re evening cocktail that's a multi containing the d mag cal zn, with separate ALA, i take it? without any other detail, the evening d3 combo looks dubious since i'm assuming that's where the mag oxide comes into play.

i presume no copper in the mix either.

do you have any serum nutrient lab test results on file?

as you prepare for your next shop, is there a particular vendor you use? i could check up on what they have available, point you in the right direction value-wise, maybe.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

and as an aside, exercise is important yes - but mag is a critical essential nutrient, of specific relevance to ms patients and spasticity n particular, poorly absorbed as mag oxide, readily depleted via high dose d3 (among other things) AND wayyyyy cheaper than any device even at $90.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

I got my motorized pedal machine about 9 or 10 years ago. Saw it in an inflight magazine on a trip back from the U.S. Was at that time about $100.00 Nothing fancy but it has helped along with my Vitamin D3 and Magnesium Bisglycinate. I am in a w/c full-time but can still weight -bear a little for transfers. My legs have never been stiff 24/7 tho.

Take care.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi music what's your d3/mag regimen & timing, iima?
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

My routine at present:

At breakfast I take 1 Magnesium Bisglycinate (200 mg) and then 2 Vitamin D3’s (1000IU) about 1 – 2 hours later…depending on my morning. At supper I take 3 Vitamin D3 and then 2 hours later 1 more Magnesium Bisglycinate.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

interesting. any reason why you don't take mag right with the d3, as well as separately?
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Sometimes they are taken together. Depends what my morning is like.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

pharmacist once told me always take mag both with d3, and then take some mag all on its own at a diff time. i've been diligent about following that instruction ever since!
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Okay. Thanks!