Massage Chairs - MUCH more than a vibrating chair

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: Massage Chairs - MUCH more than a vibrating chair

Post by THX1138 »

I hope you keep a journal and let us know your experience. I think you offered yourself a very fine Christmas Gift.
Note to self: KEEP A JOURNAL........ Yes, I think it is going to be wonderful !! :-D :-D Massages Every day. :-D :-D :-D
I felt so good and so peaceful after the using the massage chair at the big furniture store. So, I have high expectations. The chair I'm getting is a better chair and will fit me properly (and I will use this one properly), so I have really high expectations. And, true to the title of this subject, "Massage Chairs - MUCH more than a vibrating chair", my massage chair doesn't even have a vibrate feature.

The chair was ordered Friday. It should be here in less than 2 weeks. I ordered the Infinity IT-8500X3 https://www.massage-chair-relief.com/ma ... age-chair/ . It is the same as the Infinity IT-8500 https://www.massage-chair-relief.com/ma ... nity-8500/, but with some more features. The most important new feature is the 3-D roller technology. With this you can adjust how far the rollers go out, so you can get a stronger or gentler massage. I was originally looking at the regular Infinity IT-8500. I've read that this one has been a big seller and was introduced about 4 years ago. The Infinity IT-8500 is known to give really good massages and one of the best neck massages of any chair. It's also known to give a strong massage. I don't think I want that, at least in the beginning. So the X3 version is going to be a lot better for me. The adjustable X3 (3D) roller system will also be important for when visitors use the chair. Both chairs are amongst the few massage chairs that fit and can give a neck massage to people who are tall.
Some Massage Chairs for 6’3″ or Taller! https://www.massage-chair-relief.com/bl ... 63-taller/

Here is a good article comparing the 2 massage chairs:
Infinity IT 8500 Massage Chair Review 2017 https://chairinstitute.com/infinity-it- ... ir-review/

I bought the chair from massage-chair-relief.com
I'm very pleased with them. From what I've seen, they're the best. Both Doctor Weidner and Michael are really knowledgeable and helpful. The massage-chair-relief.com website is loaded with massage chair information, including many, many videos. When I was scrutinizing the website, I was pleased to find lots of very positive customer reviews mentioning Dr. Weidner and/or Michael, even on other websites. I have to say that my experience with them fits with the glowing reviews. If and when I buy another massage chair I will definitely be giving them a call. I recommend them to anyone looking for a massage chair.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

:-D :-D :-D The massage chair has arrived. :-D :-D :-D

It is now sitting in my living room, waiting to be fully assembled.
My mom and dad are going to come over tomorrow and we're going to put the chair fully together.
The assembly video made assembly look pretty easy. Also, the reviews I read said the assembly was pretty easy.
If it had come fully assembled, who knows how many hours I would have spent in it already (that is, since this morning!).

Update regarding the assembly of the massage chair:
We did not have a quick nor easy time assembling the chair even though it arrived almost entirely assembled from the factory. Maybe it's us, or maybe it's the chair, or both.
In retrospect, it seems like it should be pretty easy and pretty quick to assemble.
On a positive note, I called the Infinity customer support a few times and I reached them within a few minutes. They were more than willing to help, although only one person of three had the solution to the problem that was really slowing down the assembly of the chair.
Last edited by THX1138 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Good luck with it, I am casually looking to update my old one but the replacement, should I get one, won't be as elaborate as yours.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ivs=1&q=osaki+OS+1000

Osaki OS 1000 Massage Chair Review 2018 https://chairinstitute.com/osaki-os-100 ... ir-review/
This Amazon page for the chair has 8 reviews and many are verified amazon purchases: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HYSPNK?ta ... ch-20&th=1

This is a massage chair that looks kind of tempting because I really didn't see many negative reviews at all and the price is pleasing. I gathered that it is not for tall people.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

By coincidence, I ordered a replacement chair on eBay yesterday that has many of the features the one you bought has (not all) but being from eBay and a knock off, it is of course significantly less expensive but affordable to me - should receive it in about a week. It is certainly not the same as yours but should be a significant improvement over what I have now (given its age its functionality is quite limited - the new chairs have so many beneficial features that were never available years ago).

Are you using yours yet?

I visited a local store and the salesman told me that good medical insurance often covers the cost of these chairs when deemed medically necessary. I have called my doctor for assistance with this and my insurance company has been very good up to now, and I am hoping they will take care of this for me. Since pre-approval is not an option, I had to go with something I can afford in case they don't cover the cost. Have you checked with your medical insurance company?
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

ElliotB, I'm excited for you about the massage chair.
Can you post a link for the chair ?

Yes, I have checked with my insurance company. It says it won't pay. I do have an order from my neurologist regarding spasticity, and it's not been of any help so far.

I started using the chair 3 days ago, and have been in at 3 times. The first time I spent quite a while, maybe up to 3 hours, but probably more like 2. I was trying out different features and will continue to do so :-D . I was mainly enjoying the foot rollers and the shiatsu massage. After about 5 minutes in the chair I began to notice relaxation and got more so as the massages progressed. I did not end up feeling super relaxed, but moderately so. I need to remember that not all massage types are for relaxation. The really great thing was that, after getting out of the chair, I felt a very noticeable sense of relaxation for about the next 16 hours. All around, my muscles were less stiff during this time. On the second and third days I spent about an hour each time., I did not get the same relaxation benefits as I did the first time, but the sessions were much shorter and I still don't really know what I'm doing.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I will post a link after I receive it and have had a chance to try it out to make sure it is good. It has been shipped and I am expecting it to arrive next week. The seller I bought from has been on eBay for around 10 years sold about 1000 or more of this model (an upgraded model from what they had been selling, their new '2018' version) and there is no negative feedback so I am hoping for the best. It has got to be a lot better than what I have now.

I used to use my chair for long periods of time in the past but as good as it feels at the time, it can start to hurt if you use it too long which happened to me. I had to stop for a while and now use it typically just 30-45 minutes and after using it for a couple of weeks in this manner, noticed some general improvements on how I felt as well as some specific improvements with some problems I was having!

Be patient and don't overdo it! Please keep us posted. Hope it works for you as you hoped! You certainly got the Rolls Royce of chairs and I am sure it gives an absolutely fabulous massage!!!!
Last edited by ElliotB on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Last night I must have overdone it as I was in it for three and a half hours. The muscle spasms were worse this morning. Doing things that dehydrate me always make the muscle spasms worse in the morning.
I'm not sore though.

I will heed your advice and not be such a glutton with the massage chair.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I try to limit the use of my massage chair to 1-2 times per day, usually in the evening and or middle of the night when my nerve pain flairs up. I am pretty sure it is helping partially control my pain.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I am pretty sure it is helping partially control my pain.
and hopefully the the new chair will help even more!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I received the Massage Chair I ordered and have had a few days to use it.

It is much better than what I had and is excellent, especially for its low overall cost. It seems to be well built, works as advertised and is sold by a reputable eBay sell with almost 8000 feedbacks with only 1 negative feedback in the last year (not related to the chair). The seller offers numerous models, has sold almost 1000 of this model alone from this one auction alone (they could have had others) without a single complaint. Needless to say, I am very, very happy with it.

It comes with a 5 year parts warranty, 10 years on the frame. Their customer service is also excellent. I asked them many questions prior to my purchase and they got back to me promptly (same day). Also, the remote controller arrived damaged in shipment and they sent a replacement immediately with expedited shipping.

Here is a link to the one I ordered:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-iC-S ... 2749.l2649

The chair is exactly as advertised and has truly exceeded my expectations!

I am not getting any added relief to my pain over my old chair (frankly I was not expecting any change) BUT it gives a tremendously good massage, much better than my old chair and I am using it a couple of times a day for additional relaxation and I actually look forward to using it and that is a major improvement for me!
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

:-D :-BD
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

If you have some extra $$$$$, here is a $7500 massage chair on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/INFRARED-ROLLER- ... ed451&th=1
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I used my massage chair about 2 days ago for less than 10 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, even with this short period of time, it gave me significant relaxation. The noticeable relaxation lasted over an hour despite some somewhat stressful circumstances,.

I would be using it a lot more often but it's not so easy for me to get into it safely. Much of the reason is my living room is very crowded. This will change soon however, as i'm going to be getting some more help around the house!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Have you noticed any additional improvements from your massages?

Return to “General Discussion”