This is NOT a commercial.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
1eye
Family Elder

This is NOT a commercial.

Post by 1eye »

I am tired of the agendas around here. I post rarely, and in the latest instance, was responding to a question about my new AFO. As far as I am concerned this is much more important than the latest news about the poisons drug companies are competing for MS patient dollars about. Just because the AFO maker might have patents, does not mean postings about their products are any form of advertising. The latest "MS News", drug announcements, and FDA doings, are often just that.

This AFO is better than anything I have seen. It allows me to walk heel-toe, on my weak leg, faster than I ever expected to walk again in my life. I spent the afternoon walking the halls at a local hospital yesterday, while my wife visited her sick father. When I was walking (with a walker) with my wife and daughter, my daughter told me she had not thought I could walk that fast. My left foot usually drags and the weight of my old plastic AFO weighs me down, so I can not walk very well, even though it is an advanced model with a rubber spring to return my foot to a bent position after I step.

With these metal springs on my new carbon fiber AFO, I walk in a much more natural gait and very fast, because of its light weight and the strong springs. Before I put it on, it naturally takes its "bent" position. When I put it on, it straightens out. There is nothing like this AFO that I am aware of, and it will help ANY pwMS or anyone else with foot drop. I do not care whether this technology is patented or not. I do not care if they sell a lot. I have mine. I just responded to the question, and I think the readers of his forum have a right to see my answer:
David1949 wrote:
1eye
The new AFO sounds interesting. Is there a name for it or a link to it?

Thanks

Apparently there are two versions. I have the single-sided version:

http://fillauer.com/Orthotics/Dynamic-Walk.html

So far, I can wear the thing all day.

If it's any help, this AFO does have disadvantages. If the carbon fiber is heated too much it will delaminate, destroying it. The shoes worn with it must be laced very tight so it will not ride up and down while you walk.

Just because someone may profit does not make this answer either self-serving or annoying to anyone. If someone doesn't like it, please send me a PM and I will explain why it is important not to censor it.

Chris (1eye)
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: This is NOT a commercial.

Post by THX1138 »

Just because someone may profit does not make this answer either self-serving or annoying to anyone. If someone doesn't like it, please send me a PM and I will explain why it is important not to censor it.
Censor :?:

Return to “General Discussion”