My skin is crawling

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Camann214

My skin is crawling

Post by Camann214 »

Hi everyone ! I’m a 28 yr old female and I have been dealing with some crazy symptoms for the last 6 years. My biggest health issues revolve around pain. However, I’m posting because I’ve been having some very specific symptoms and want to know if anyone else has had similar. Randomly, It feels like bugs are crawling on my skin and it drives me crazy!! Honestly it is hard to truly explain the feeling but it is very uncomfortable. It gets really bad right before I get one of my “pain spells”
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: My skin is crawling

Post by jimmylegs »

kind of like a 'carbonated' feeling?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Camann214

Post by Camann214 »

Woah, yes that’s exactly what it’s like! Great word for it!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

when i have had that feeling it has been something i associate with lhermitte's sign - but it is not at all the same as the positional jolt that seems to lhermittes' main calling card. haven't felt it in ages though. since maybe 07. i've been working hard on optimizing health since dx in early 06. loads that can be done to support neurological health - the earlier you can catch things, the better!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
autumn9993

Post by autumn9993 »

Yes, it feels exactly like something crawling across your skin! Sometimes I find that using a "gate control theory" approach to it, as in having a stimulus that is stronger than the crawling sensation in the same area, can help distract or give some relief. Example: massage the area that is having the crawling sensation. Obviously if it is quite severe this may not help, but give it a try - anything to make life more manageable!
Autumn9993
Check out my blog www.missmalady.com!

Return to “Undiagnosed”