Biotin which brand to buy

Biotin is an emerging therapy for the treatment of secondary progressive MS.
81Charger
Family Elder

Biotin which brand to buy

Post by 81Charger »

Hi all, I've decided that I should try Biotin. I am looking for advice on which brand to buy and how much I should take.

Thanks Glenn
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Biotin which brand to buy

Post by ElliotB »

300mg daily (100mg three times a day is the commonly recommended high dosage amount.)

Biotin "D" is available either in capsule form where a 'filler' is often added for processing purposes or pharmaceutical grade powder which is pure Biotin without any filler added - you can either make your own capsules or add the powder to a 'smoothie' if you choose the latter which is what I do.

There are many choices when it comes to high dose capsules (the differences are likely in the type of filler used) and just a few when it comes to pharmaceutical powders. Amazon has many choices for the capsules and also carries the pharmaceutical grade powders. If you choose to use the Pharmaceutical grade powders, you will need a micro scale (very common and inexpensive, also on Amazon) to measure the correct dosage you want. I did that and use a small measuring spoon which contains the dosage I want. Small measuring spoons are also available on Amazon.

If you get capsuled, be aware most Biotin product dosages are listed in micro grams (mcg) and not milligrams (mg) - you want the 100mg capsules which typically come 90 or 100 capsules in a bottle (typically a 1 month supply).
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

Thank You for the information.

Glenn
dansmail26

Post by dansmail26 »

Has anyone tried skipspharmacy.com? it looks legit, but i'm not sure.
r7111
Getting to Know You...

Post by r7111 »

I get mine from http://www.metabiome.com they are very pure and super friendly plus they are inexpensive $30-40 a month for pills.