Optic neuritis...nervous

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
MsDaisy

Optic neuritis...nervous

Post by MsDaisy »

A few weeks back I started getting dark shadows in my left eye. Since I had already had floaters, I thought they were just bigger ones that looked different. I was also getting eye pain. Finally went to an ophthalmologist who discovered my nasal field of vision was gone and my pupil wasn’t reacting properly and felt I had retrobulbar optic neuritis. Was sent to neurologist. I failed the Romberg test.

Started me on 3 days of IV solu medrol and I have just finished. After the first treatment the pain in my eye was gone. However, the shadow is still there with central vision blurriness. I have an MRI of orbits and brain coming up on Saturday. I’m nervous but I am also hoping it will show what has been going on.

Last year I was suffering with dizziness that lasted a few weeks varying in intensity. I also have horrible neck pain, like someone stabs me in the middle of my neck along with headaches. Heat...drains me to no end. I feel like I could sleep all the time. Even after waking up I’m still exhausted. Last night I slept 14 hours.

Is it possible to not have MS? Or could it be? I hate the worrying and waiting.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Optic neuritis...nervous

Post by ElliotB »

be patient, let the doctor's do their job, and stop worrying.

"Is it possible to not have MS?" Yes!