Dr. Coimbra Protocol

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
Kittie
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Coimbra Protocol

Post by Kittie »

I have had a week in Southern Spain and found 52,000iu too much after the first day. I went down to 42,000iu and stayed on that for the whole week. The weather was wonderful changing on the day we got there as the weather had been pretty awful previously. We had nearly the whole week with full sunshine. I was feeling good all week and felt really well at the end of it.

On the first morning back, Sunday, my bad leg lifted under the covers all by itself again. Just the once though. I am constantly able to lift my leg in the knee bent lying down position every morning on waking.

On Monday, 23rd April, I took 46,000iu vitamin D3, Tuesday 50,000iu vitamin D3 and today the same. I am going to start decorating my kitchen today too. I will make sure I do not overdo it, taking my time, some every day. Just painting and emulsion. So you see I am getting back to my normal active self. I would not have even attempted this last year. More energy now.

I have also decided to try the Atlas treatment. My right shoulder is two inches higher than my left. I had a car accident when I was twenty but always thought it was my MS that made me that way. Now not so sure and will have xray to see if it can be sorted. I did have my neck put back in place years ago but it didn't last.

Onward and Upward Love and Light,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Last Tuesday my good leg threatened to drop me to the floor occasionally. Then Wednesday, on 50K vitamin D3, it happened more often but not actually giving way. Thursday I dropped D3 to 48K and yesterday, Friday, no problem. I have had good energy all week and at the moment I feel really good.

I am still decorating but making sure I rest often. My energy levels are very good and I feel I am close to the final figure which is good for me. Funny thing I was on 48K when I had to go down to 34K because I couldn't absorb the magnesium. So twice I have ended up at 48K. Maybe this is it. We shall see. What I can say is last year I wouldn't even have had the energy or the incentive to decorate and that is a fact.

This morning, lying in bed, both my legs lifted to the bent knee position together. Normally I have to do the good one first so the bad one knows what to do! When they say that the longer you have had this MS the worse the chance is that you will get the use back in these limbs, I have just thrown that out of the water. I don't know how much I will get back but I will never stop trying to get those messages out and into my limbs. It might be a longer battle but I will do it!

The feeling that I am getting better is wonderful and I wish I could share it with you all, I am contiuously progressing now. It has been a struggle at times but I would say to anyone that this journey has been worth it. Go for it but with a Protocol Doctor who knows what he is doing. I would like to thank my Protocol Doctor Michael Cawley for all he has done for me and would recommend him to anyone.

I will let you know how my Atlas treatment goes and also will keep updating my blog.

Lots of love and light,
Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Nothing new to report but enjoying the British sunshine while it lasts.

The only problem I have, at the moment, is my bowels opening all the time. What with the diet and ruffage and Magnesium Citrate (only two each morning) my bowels are quite 'soft' and my muscles are not as good as they used to be. Not sure what I am going to do or change at the moment. Okay while I am at home.

I am now going into my 7th month on the protocol and feeling much better than last year. Again time will tell. I am still taking all the supplements listed, taking 2 1/2 litres of water every day, dairy free and meat free. I am having the occasional gluten. The bread in Spain didn't have the same effect on me so I have been trying a few fresh loaves of bread. I eat gluten free bread mainly.

Onward and Upwrd,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I went down to 46K Monday, yesterday and also today. I am also out in the sunshine every day.

Yesterday while puttting my FES machine on I noticed my toes on my bad leg were moving very well. Better than they have for a long time. All of them were moving. I decided to try lifting my bad leg from a sitting position on my typist chair. It also lifted much better than the last time. I have videos to prove it. Something is slowly happening. I must check my lifting into a bent knee position when I am lying on my back. I do that on a morning before I get up.

So when you think things aren't happening, they actually are. I don't think I am any better walking yet.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Still on 46K and feeling really well. Just after my last post I banged my toes coming down stairs. My right leg throws forward and I am not in proper control of it. Still badly bruised but it is okay walking now.

To be honest if it stays like this I will be satisfied, but I feel there is more healing going on. Only time will tell.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Still feeling fine and I have been trying 48,000iu vitamin D3 for a few days but today I took 40,000iu to see if there is any difference. I also took another Ionic magnesium extra yesterday and will today too. My right hand has stayed loose but not as loose as it has been before so trying a few things.

There has been a bit of a change on Facebook and Michael Cawley has his own page now. MS Recovery With Vitamin D3 & Michael Cawley. It is great to have all the people I have made friends with in this group. I feel we are moving forward. Learning all the time.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Yesterday afternoon I felt I was walking better and today also my hand feels better. I have taken 40,000iu vitamin D3 again today and see how it goes. I know using the Gall Pharma B2 Riboflavin whch is activated means you need less vitamin D3. I have posted my videos of my journey on the 'MS Recovery With Vitamin D3 & Michael Cawley' Facebook page.

I think you must always listen to your body.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Again yesterday my walking was stronger and my hand more relaxed. I am taking 40K of vitamin D3 today again and might even try it lower later. I will see.

Two weeks today is my Atlas treatment and I am getting excited to see what they say.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Hi again, I am now on 54,000iu of vitamin D3 for the last three days and feeling really well. Michael Cawley suggested I should be going up as I should be able to absorb more vitamin D3 now after all the removal of heavy metals. I have been in my garden the last two days putting in plants. My husband did them all last year so I am thrilled to do them again. I am having a day off today because my legs feel they need a rest. Last year I had terrible balance problems and found it harder and harder to even go out of the front of my house to look at the flowers.

I have recently started taking Biofilam, which is a Natural Iodine Dietary Supplement, one every night before bed. Biofilam's patented brown seaweed extract process was developed by Russian scientists following the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It is a Radiation and Heavy Metal Detox Support. Other people are having good results from all these detoxing too. Remember the first time I took PectaClear? I got a fine pain shoot up into my brain the first night I took it? This had a similar effect but with loads more like tadpoles shooting everywhere. It didn't hurt but it was weird. Nothing has happened since apart from the odd, short lasting, thick head occasionally. In 2006, approximately, I had three weeks of radiation after going through a lumpectomy so I think there was a lot to be removed!

My new regime is Monday three PectaSol-C, Wednesday the same and Friday (three PectaClear increasing one weekly till I reach 6.) The Biofilam every night. These are all taken before bed and don't forget I have worked up to this level.

I will continue increasing the D3 until my body tells me not to. Always listen to your body! I don't think I will go far though but who knows. I am feeling really well at the moment and pleased with my progress. My Atlas appointment in just over a week.

Love and Light,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Yesterday and today I took 56,000iu vitamin D3 and Michael said yesterday not to go up further until I can take another Ionic mag. So yesterday I took an extra neural mag. and an extra ionic mag. I will see how it goes.

Still feeling good.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Today I am taking 58,000iu of vitamin D3. Again we will see how it goes. Still feeling okay this morning. Yeterday I emulsioned my hallway ceiling. Stopped at that as I don't want to overdo the good that I have done.

One thing I have noticed is that people with MS work over and above what they should. Remember to take plenty of rest. I am 70 but still have to keep telling myself this!

This is a long slow process and just takes time. I still feel I am on the way to recovery. I am far better than I was when I started this journey and with my first Atlas appointment in two days, I am very excited about my future. If I help just a few people along this journey to health then this blog has done the job. Just remember you need a trained protocol doctor to help you on this journey. Michael Cawley has been my rock. He has helped people too where the protocol doesn't work for them. Some people can't take high doses of D3 and need help to make this work. He has helped so many people.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Today Friday, 1st June, I am taking 60,000iu vitamin D3. I have felt really well on 58,000iu but need to see if I can go up further. I am taking Boifilam, one every day, this is for detoxing radiation and with my Atlas appointment yesterday and I had to have four x-rays, I am glad I am taking this. I also take Pectaclear which I am building up to 6 capsules one day a week. Tomorrow I am taking 4, next week 5 and so on. PectaSol three capsules Monday and Wednesday. Two people have told me recently that they have cleared UTI's with these and one lady had them for three years spending two years on antibiotics. Now her own immune system has cleared the UTI.

My Atlas appointment was for 1 1/2hrs. and he gave me a thorough examination. At one point he put a dental chock in the left side of my mouth, between my teeth, and it gave me normal strength in my thumb and little finger of my right hand! He showed me the x-rays and I was quite bent and out of alignment. Next Thursday is the adjustment and I look forward to seeing if this helps. He thinks I may get some strength back in my right side but couldn't guarantee anything. We will see next week.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Last edited by Kittie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Today Sunday, 3rd June, I have taken 62,000iu vitamin D3 and seeing if this makes any difference. Still feeling well and looking forward to Thursday's Atlas appointment. Four PectaClear last night and one Biofilam with no problem.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Sunday night, 3rd June, I took two Biofilam for the first time and Monday morning I had greeny yellow urine. Also that morning my bad leg lifted back into bed by itself!!

Tuesday, 5th June, I took 64,000iu vitamin D3. Tuesday night, Dr. Iain Smith the chiropractor, phoned me and said that he had talked to colleagues in America and they all were of the opinion that with another type of MRI, which had to be done in Manchester, it would be beneficial and would give a better picture of my neck and where the adjustment had to be made. My appointment is on Wednesday, 13th June. It takes a few days to get back to Dr. Iain Smith who will analyse them and give another appointment for the adjustment. The MRI will be of my neck and brain.

Tomorrow I am having my blood test and that takes two weeks to get the results. I will let you know.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I went up to Manchester and spent 1 1/2hrs. in the MRI machine. I did it all in a sitting position. Lots of different pictures were taken and I left with a CD of my pictures. The pictures will be looked at and an evaluation will be sent to Dr. Iain Smith for my adjustment. Dr. Iain Smith will then do his maths, etc. and send me an appointment for my adjustment. The machine was noisy but they supply ear plugs.

I tried the Biofilam two every night but had to go back to one a day and two Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I seemed to have a lot less energy on two every night.

Today I have tried 70,000iu vitamin D3 and will see how it goes. Friday night I took 6 Pectaclear with no problems.

Just awaiting appointment now and I will let you know how I get on.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”