Hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: Hello

Post by Zyklon »

Today I noticed a small weird spot on my left side thigh. I suspect lipoatrophy. Visiting doc soon.

Small update:

Still sleeping issues (insomnia)
Thyroid, zinc, copper tests soon
I feel Rebif side effects getting slightly noticeable
Some nights with headaches (A small relapse/flare maybe?)

Come on I need to use Rebif for longer because I am scared with PML. 5-10 years interferons, 2-8 years with Gilenya and welcome SPMS (maybe not?)

Or something completely crazy, give up DMT? Yea yea and learn the hard way? No thank you :)
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no xp w lipoatrophy. read it can occur d.t. copaxone injections. same for rebif?

re insomnia, cue broken record (not so say that you're elderly, mind you). in this study's units, your last serum level was 0.84.

The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3703169/

this crew saw significant improvements in their insomnia severity index scores just by improving mean mag status from really bad (0.83) to pretty bad (0.86). wonder what they might have accomplished with levels above 0.95!

how have you been handling the 650mg/d mag citrate? any hope on the horizon re access to mag glycinate? others on this forum have seen improvements from that single transition alone.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Yea same. I have a new curve :D

I don't have problems with mg citrate. I may order glicinate online if my neuro prescribes it. Lots of fun. Any brand recommendation?

Sleeping good is #1 priority now. It effects my life quality. Maybe another round of drugs? I want to start a full time job.

MS vs reflexes. I am absolulety fine with kart racing outdoors (close to track record). 30 degrees celcius, lots of sweating, no symptoms. I can do competetive online gaming, csgo pubg (mad respect to drdisrespect).

Now something bad, I am worse with guitar playing. Left hand right hand coordination is not the same as pre-diagnosis. Fast playing feeling is gone. I train everyday to regain what I can.

It feels like going to GYM and work your muscles. Same thing with nerves and cns.

My cat is pregnant and about to give birth and I AM ALONE with her. Gloves are ready. Am I? I don't think so :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

re brand this is what i am using atm http://orangenaturals.com/essential/mag ... ate-200mg/
i hope a good shot of high quality mag will help w sleep!
in the meantime, am curious re your own timing of mag citrate. do you take on an empty stomach, at least 15 mins before or after food? i have read arguments for both scenarios. can't recall the specifics for either case, but it's been my habit to try to take the mag on an empty stomach followed by food.
i can't advise on drugs for sleep. i cant even handle herbs. once tried valerian in the evening. s and missed 3 days of work before i realized it was the pills.
glad to hear you're a guitar player - me too :) when i could not play it was an issue of sensory ataxia which resolved after my version of the klenner protocol which was largely b complex and vit e.
AWW KITTEHH!! don't worry she doesn't need you :D long ago, my (late) girl gave birth while i slept one night, and i only knew what was up from the obvious spot on my living room couch, emphasizing the breaking of feline waters :S !!! turned out she and her litter were all safe and sound, tucked into the padded box i'd put under my desk.
once the kittens were too big to all stay in the box though, that was .... interesting.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:no xp w lipoatrophy. read it can occur d.t. copaxone injections. same for rebif?
Subcutaneous injections of Ifn-B can cause injection site tissue necrosis. However, before you write it off as a side effect of your meds, it may be best to have a doctor look at it.

Here's some info from Rebif's prescribing information.
EMD Serono wrote:5.4 Injection Site Reactions including Necrosis
In controlled clinical trials, injection site reactions occurred more frequently in REBIF-treated patients (92% in the 44 mcg group and 89% in the 22 mcg group) than in placebo-treated patients (39%) and at a higher frequency in REBIF treated patients (83%) than in AVONEXtreated patients (28%). Injection site necrosis also occurred more frequently in REBIF-treated patients (3% in the 44 mcg group and 1% in the 22 mcg group) than in placebo-treated patients (0) during the two years of therapy. All events resolved with conservative management.

Injection site reactions including injection site pain, erythema, edema, cellulitis, abscess, and necrosis have been reported in the postmarketing setting. Some occurred more than 2 years after initiation of REBIF. Necrosis occurred at single and at multiple injection sites. Some cases of injection site necrosis required treatment with intravenous antibiotics and surgical intervention (debridement and skin grafting).

Patient understanding and use of aseptic self-injection techniques and procedures should be periodically evaluated, particularly if injection site necrosis has occurred. Patients should be advised of the importance of rotating sites of injection with each dose and not reusing syringes. Patients should be advised against injecting an area which is inflamed, edematous, erythematous, ecchymotic, or has any other signs of infection. These signs should be reported to a healthcare professional immediately.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Current regimen:

Odd days, monday, wednesday, friday,sunday
Even days,tuesday, thursday, saturday

Only odd days, Before breakfast, Solgar 25mg iron bisglycinate chelate
After breakfast, Solgar 5000 IU D3, Solgar 200mg magnesium citrate, 700 mg krill oil, 185 mg omega 7, Citalopram 20mg
Only even days, midday Solgar 1000 mcg B12,
After lunch, Solgar 200mg magnesium citrate
Only even days, after lunch, Solgar advanced anti-oxidant, GNC 25 mg zinc gluconate
Only odd days, after lunch, Solgar VM75 multivitamin
After dinner, Solgar 200mg magnesium citrate, Solgar 1000 mcg biotin, Solgar 200 mg resveratrol, Solgar 100 100 mcg selenium

Yea it is complex. I monitor everything outside daily allowance range.

Monday, wednesday, friday 21:00 44 mcg Rebif injection
Monday, wednesday, friday 1 hour GYM strength training
Everyday 400 ml good quality natural coffee
Restricted calcium-rich food , industrial food, fried food, not following any special diet
Cat as an immunomodulator
Computer games and guitars for improving eye-hand coordination
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sweet, details :) i am curious at the need for citalopram with such a thorough nutrient and exercise regimen. maybe a future switch to mag glycinate will be a useful support in that department, among others.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

It is for stress/panic attack management.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi yes i looked it up but still wonder at the situation given 600mg per day of mag citrate, and also still wonder if switching to mag glycinate would be enough. if not, perhaps it is a cofactor. i just know so many people who calm right down using magnesium alone. time for some more reading maybe!
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Small update:

The biggest problem for me is sleep quality. I have GERD and I am pretty sure it is neuro-related. Another visit to doc soon.

Everything else is same. Thinking about getting a full time job. I guess I can do it ;)
Last edited by Zyklon on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there, sorry to hear.
apologies if you have heard this from me before:
fwiw when i had lab documented GERD, couldn't sleep for the nasty GERD cough (lab techs had never heard one so bad), when i coughed so hard i had dry heaves, and lost 15 pounds to go with them, when i had to try to sleep every night for *months* sitting up in a chair, because lying down was a nightmare, when all that was going on (for a year no less) *poorly timed* magnesium was at the bottom of it.

the issue only dawned on me when my doc handed me a brochure which advocated lifestyle changes to correct for excess relaxation of the LES. the penny dropped. my new (ish. then) magnesium discovery, magnesium bisglycinate, taken at bedtime, was spending too long in my stomach, washing up against my lower oesophageal sphincter.

once this nuance dawned on me, i stopped using magnesium bisglycinate. i backed off to magnesium glycinate for good.
never again would i take magnesium at bedtime.
never again would i take mag without following shortly after with food. the food pushes the supplemental mag out of my stomach, away from my lower oesophageal sphincter, and into the upper intestine, where magnesium is properly meant to be absorbed.

sadly, i think the year of abuse did some permanent damage. i saw something on my last mri that hints at the ongoing issues with my throat. i still have not had time to spend much time on it though!

i don't know if any of that will be of use to you!!
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

I take magnesium little bit earlier as you say. No more before sleeping. Reduced coffee (incredibly hard for me). Less activity after 6pm. I think my situation is improved.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi :)

i would be very sad to abandon my daily coffees :? they are morning only phenomena for the most part, mind you. i had three today instead of the usual two :twisted:

scrolling up to the july regimen info above, i note your description of mag taken several times per day after food. i would have noticed it, but not necessarily mentioned. now i am sorry i didn't bring it up at the time, but hope small changes will help.

revisiting now, i bet a 'food push' into the upper intestine will actually help the citrate form work better. you could consider giving it a few minutes (up to 15) on its own, then adding the meal and the remaining mealtime supps.

hopefully all good again in the near future!
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

MS is not a death warrant but abandoning coffee is haha
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

RIGHT!!?!?

Return to “Introductions”