ON or something else?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
lizzyc87

ON or something else?

Post by lizzyc87 »

Hi everyone,

It seems like im in high alert for any new symptoms or changes in my body while I await my mri results that Im panicking over everything I think could be an MS symptoms. For those who have had Optic Neuritis, is a slightly swollen upper eyelid (not right by the lashes but more below the brow) is part of ON? i dont think so but all of a sudden yesterday I had this pain what it felt like on the back of my eye and hurt when i moved it up and it also hurt when i put an ice pad on top. vision is fine, took an iburofen and the pain got 95% better, but this morning i woke up and my upper eyelid is swollen. Has anyone experience a swollen eyelid as part of ON? or i should i stop panicking and attribute it to something else? thank you!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: ON or something else?

Post by jimmylegs »

could it just be a stubborn sty?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lizzyc87

Post by lizzyc87 »

Hey thanks for replying. I don’t think so, a stye would be more localized and there is usually some type of bump, this the entire eyelid. Would a stye cause we socket pain as well? Anyone heard of a red swollen eyelid with ON or should I just put it as something else
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

last time an ophthalmologist looked he said he saw optic nerve damage. that was new i didn't have it when diagnosed. i've never felt it at all, in the eye or out. one person's xp is not really going to answer your question though!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

lizzyc87 wrote:Hey thanks for replying. I don’t think so, a stye would be more localized and there is usually some type of bump, this the entire eyelid. Would a stye cause we socket pain as well? Anyone heard of a red swollen eyelid with ON or should I just put it as something else
It sounds like you have a problem that needs to be addressed by a doctor.

To answer your question, when I had ON in one eye its outward appearance was not any different from the other eye. I kept looking in the mirror, but there was no difference.
lizzyc87

Post by lizzyc87 »

Thank you both! The swelling has gotten better although is not back to normal yet and I no longer have the pain in the eye socket. I will keep an eye on it and make sure to go to the dr if it doesn’t resolve completely in a couple of days. I am chalking it up to some type of allergic reaction or maybe a bug bite of some sorts in the meantime thanks for sharing your experience

Return to “Undiagnosed”