Co Enzyme Q10

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Co Enzyme Q10

Post by mrbarlow »

I added this supplement a few days ago prompted by something Terry Wahls said and I must say I feel quite perky a couple of days in :-D . I have been taking 60mg a day with the intention to drop to 30mg after a couple of weeks.

May just be coincidence...

Anyone else tried it and what experience did you have?
jackD
Family Elder

Re: Co Enzyme Q10

Post by jackD »

Please clarify WHAT you are taking.

What flavor?? CQ-10 version??

jackD
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

The brand I am using is Morrisons (UK supermarket) own brand 30mg Co Enzyme Q10. They are not flavoured.
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

I've been taking 200 mg. every day for quite a few years. I read about it years ago and it was confirmed by Wahls.

It does increase energy, but it also aids in cell production and supports heart function.

I switched about a year ago to a high absorption CoQ-10. I do notice a difference when I forget to take it for a few days.
jackD
Family Elder

Post by jackD »

mrbarlow wrote:The brand I am using is Morrisons (UK supermarket) own brand 30mg Co Enzyme Q10. They are not flavoured.

The label on the bottle SHOULD tell you WHAT KIND IT IS (I.E FLAVOR).

If they do not tell you TRASH IT IMMEDIATELY!!!

There are two kinds commonly sold.

#1 CQ-10 UBIQUINONE

#2 CQ-10 UBIQUINOL

Ubiquinol is much superior. Sick people and old people have serious problems using the Ubiquinone version. There are also things that enhance the CQ-10 that are included in some brands.

Check it out on the Internet.

jackD
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

jackD wrote:
mrbarlow wrote:The brand I am using is Morrisons (UK supermarket) own brand 30mg Co Enzyme Q10. They are not flavoured.

The label on the bottle SHOULD tell you WHAT KIND IT IS (I.E FLAVOR).

If they do not tell you TRASH IT IMMEDIATELY!!!

There are two kinds commonly sold.

#1 CQ-10 UBIQUINONE

#2 CQ-10 UBIQUINOL

Ubiquinol is much superior. Sick people and old people have serious problems using the Ubiquinone version. There are also things that enhance the CQ-10 that are included in some brands.

Check it out on the Internet.

jackD

Sorry - when you said flavor I assumed you meant orange or pineapple :lol

Ok Jack - thanks. I have now done some research and yes Ubiquinol would appear to be better so I have some on order. The stuff I have doesnt say but I suspect its Ubiquinone. I wont bin it but take it sparingly until I have used it up.

Plan is to take 50mg of Ubiquinol a day as part of my regimen.
jackD
Family Elder

Post by jackD »

I get my CQ-10 Ubiquinol with some "Shilajit extract" in it.

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements ... &key=01426

This stuff is a deadly posion in it's natural state.

It is a black rotten scum found, way up high, on the rocks in Tibet and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilajit

There is a good version of this stuff ...

http://www.primavie.com/productinfo.html
Natreon Inc.'s patented ingredient, PrimaVie®, is a purified and standardized shilajit extract for nutraceutical use to help revitalize the body and mind. PrimaVie® is standardized to have not less than 60% fulvic acid and equivalents with high levels of dibenzo-α-pyrones and dibenzo-α-pyrone chromoproteins. These levels of bioactive constituents are not available in any other shilajit on the market today; they represent years of research to develop the manufacturing process and quality assurance tests needed to ensure their promised availability.

PrimaVie® also works at the cellular level, playing a direct role in the synthesis of ATP, a compound that supplies the body with energy, and healthy mitochondrial function.
It increases the CQ-10 punch by about 40%.

jackD

PS They remove all the posions.
maxiak

Post by maxiak »

Hi there,

I am based in Australia and have recently been put onto Bioceuticals Ubiquinol Bioactive 150mg x2 per day. "Ubiquinol is the reduced (active) for of Co-Enzyme Q10. As the active form of co-enzyme Q10, Ubiquinol has superior absorption and higher bioavailability than other forms of coenzyme Q10 such as Ubiquone/Ubidecarenone. Ubiquinol supports healthy energy synthesis and is a highly efficient antioxidant to combat oxidative stress associated with increasing age".

I'm 32 with MS, my COQ10 test results indicated that I was extremely low; when I should be somewhere in the seven hundreds, I'm sitting in the three hundreds. I have recently also purchased Shilijit through Purblack and excited to be hopefully be receiving it soon. I ordered a 5mg tester (expensive resin!) Hopefully I feel the benefits within a matter of days. Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase it in Australia, or haven't found anyone who sells / stocks it which doesn't help me none; but... I'm read some positive feedback about the COQ10 and Shilijit, so... fingers crossed it helps me out! From being on a Vegetarian mission to now exploring the "Paleo Way..." due to my body not producing enough of the right stuff due to deficiency. Full steam ahead to recovering low vitamin and mineral deficiencies! Would be interested to hear about others experiences with Shilijit :)

Take care everyone and don't give up!

Michelle x
Ambidexter

Post by Ambidexter »

I take CoQ10 for six years 600 mg daily. Before I started to take it I had an attack of MS twice a year, from moment I started that I did not have an attacks. I buy it on eBay.
val57gal
Family Member

Post by val57gal »

I take 300-400 mg of ubiquinol (Co-Q10) per day and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY with getting up out of my wheelchair and confidently transferring to the car, shower, etc. It took a few months to take effect, but now if I miss a couple of days, I really notice the increased weakness.

The other thing that helps me is intermittent fasting. On days when I do both fasting and ubiquinol, I can stand for SO much longer (minutes instead of seconds).
ArthurJ
Family Member

Post by ArthurJ »

val57gal wrote:I take 300-400 mg of ubiquinol (Co-Q10) per day and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY with getting up out of my wheelchair and confidently transferring to the car, shower, etc. It took a few months to take effect, but now if I miss a couple of days, I really notice the increased weakness.

The other thing that helps me is intermittent fasting. On days when I do both fasting and ubiquinol, I can stand for SO much longer (minutes instead of seconds).
Do you take the ubiquinol all in one dose or do you split it up over the day? If you split it up, then what schedule do you follow?
val57gal
Family Member

Post by val57gal »

I always take 1 pill (100 mg) of the ubiquinol in the morning, and another 1 in the late afternoon/early eve. I take the other pills when I think about it, usually 1 around noon and 1 at bedtime. Some with food, some without--my body doesn't seem to care.

One thing to note: mail order ubiquinol pills (I take Jarrow brand) will glom together in the heat, so watch for when a pkg is delivered & keep it out of the sun.

Return to “Natural Approach”