New treatment forum - Ocrevus

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

New treatment forum - Ocrevus

Post by NHE »

We now have a new forum dedicated to the discussion of Roche's new monoclonal antibody treatment for MS, Ocrevus also known as Ocrelizumab.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/ocrevus-ocrelizumab-f58/
Tmcbroom

Re: New treatment forum - Ocrevus

Post by Tmcbroom »

I am just coming off Tysabri, I will be starting Ocrevus very soon. I am very afraid, of the side effects and will this even work. I was diagnosed 5 years ago, I have been on copaxon , Avonex and Tysabri. Tysabri was supposed to be the 1 , the 1 that will make the difference.
I really liked it, but I had 2 relapse in less than a year. This last 1 left permit damage (speech, memory the ability to form words ). Please tell me who is on it and what do you think???
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi TmcB, i'm afraid i can't comment re the drug treatment side of things but am curious what you may have tried along the health promotion track?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Kheuer
Getting to Know You...

Post by Kheuer »

Symptoms started in early 2017, loss of red saturation in 1 eye. Then the beaten all night with a stick. Formally diagnosed April 2018, Ocrevus started May 2018. Male age 46 at diagnosis.

Zero side effects except for horrible reaction to tetanus shot. After research, B cells ferry tetanus toxoid to T cells, Ocrevus killed B cells, leaving toxoid circulating. Fever for 3 days, and muscle cramps, joint pain. Roche and Genentech have been informed.

Every single set of data shows ocrevus is basically a wonder drug. Not only does it stop progression after a certain length of treatment, new data shows recovery of function in some.

I had to use my arms to lift my legs out of the car, after the first infusion of ocrevus, I can now mow my .62 acre yard with a walk behind.

Google it