brain plasticity

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
zen2010
Family Elder

brain plasticity

Post by zen2010 »

Hi,

While I was looking for existing devices that increase brain plasticity, I fell on this:

This device would improve learning, motor & workout skills by increasing brain plasticity.

Has anyone heard/tried this device?

Thks
zen2010
Family Elder

Re: brain plasticity

Post by zen2010 »

Hi,

After watching the below video few weeks ago:

I decided to buy this product, hoping this could bring some health effects (8'20 in the video).

After using this device for 1 week: I feel a bit better, physicaly speaking, but nothing tremendous.

I will keep using it hoping for the best ...

Cheers
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I used a similar device a few years ago, not sure if it helped or not. Unfortunately I can no longer use it.

1 week is not a long enough trial. You should have a better idea in a few weeks.

The concept is quite interesting!

Please keep us updated.
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

ElliotB wrote: The concept is quite interesting!

Please keep us updated.
After a bit more than 2 weeks: I can clearly see improvements during physical exercises.
This device should be forbidden for athletes (this is real doping)!

Unfortunately,I don't see any positif effect on my MS symptoms.
Maybe there are some, but I don't feel them...
Luvsadonut
Family Elder

Post by Luvsadonut »

After a bit more than 2 weeks: I can clearly see improvements during physical exercises.
Are the improvements related MS diminished functions re: walking, balance etc?

I was thinking of using this when doing MS related physio

Thanks
Darren
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

Hi Darren,

No, I haven't noticed improvements related to MS symptoms like walking or balance .
Maybe it's too soon, maybe it will never happen...
I just feel a much better endurance.
Exemple: Few weeks ago, I could perform 25 push-ups in a row. Now I can easily go up to 30-35.

There is a neurostimulator device improving gait/walking but it's not released on the market yet. You may want to check below thread:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 30320.html

Cheers
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

zen2010 wrote:Hi Darren,

No, I haven't noticed improvements related to MS symptoms like walking or balance .
Maybe it's too soon, maybe it will never happen...
I just feel a much better endurance.
Exemple: Few weeks ago, I could perform 25 push-ups in a row. Now I can easily go up to 30-35.

There is a neurostimulator device improving gait/walking but it's not released on the market yet. You may want to check below thread:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 30320.html

Cheers
Jeez! How can I expect to improve my balance if I am not doing the suitable exercises..... :evil:

I am gonna follow this therapy with the neurostimulator device and I will keep you updated in a few days:
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

Hi,

As promised, here is my feedback regarding the Halo Sport device...

...which doesn't really mean anything seeing that you cannot get any good info from only 1 person...

Well, I am going to be honest, I haven't noticed any improvement regarding MS symptoms (Walking, balance etc...)
However my physical endurance did grow up .
Exercise is important as for as MS is concerned, but I don't think we should expect too much from this device.

The fact is the device is quite expensive (cost recently went down from USD 600 to 500)
It was even more expensive from Europe as I had to pay taxes.

I will keep using it for fitness purpose, just for that...

Cheers
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"Exercise is important as for as MS is concerned - ... physical endurance did go up."

This is a significant improvement and a significant event. Please keep us informed as to your progress.

"I haven't noticed any improvement regarding MS symptoms (Walking, balance etc...)"

I could say the same for the various things I have tried. But I have not given up. I do plenty of exercise but In analyzing my walking issues, I have come to the conclusion in the last month that weakness in my left leg caused me to change my gait for the past couple of years, creating a 'perfect storm' where the 'correct' muscles needed for walking without a limp and keeping my leg strong have not/were not being used and have gradually become very, very weak. I have tried numerous exercise machines and exercises to try to fix things so perhaps in the future I will be able to walk without a limp and unaided. None worked (likely because the proper 'walking' muscles were not being used. But about a month ago I changed the way I was lifting my leg and tried one more different exercise machine (I already have several including a stepper and elliptical) and can tell I am now exercising the right muscles. It is exhausting both physically and mentally to do. Time will tell if my intervention will be successful. I Don't know if my balance will improve as well. I am hoping so! I am determined to do so.

So don't give up. You may have only gained a small improvement but you did improve! Maybe this is just the beginning. Hopefully you will improve more!
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

ElliotB wrote:I have tried numerous exercise machines and exercises to try to fix things so perhaps in the future I will be able to walk without a limp and unaided. None worked (likely because the proper 'walking' muscles were not being used. But about a month ago I changed the way I was lifting my leg and tried one more different exercise machine (I already have several including a stepper and elliptical) and can tell I am now exercising the right muscles. It is exhausting both physically and mentally to do. Time will tell if my intervention will be successful.
What are you using now?
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

ElliotB wrote:"Exercise is important as for as MS is concerned - ... physical endurance did go up."

This is a significant improvement and a significant event. Please keep us informed as to your progress.
You may be right...

For those living in US who are interested in purchasing this neuropriming device, here is a message I just received from the company:

"Hi marc,

Thank you for being a loyal Halo Sport user this year!

We believe people who love Neuropriming should be able to share it with their friends and family, so we're giving you the opportunity to do just that.

This holiday season, you can give the gift of the skill for $325, a special discount just for active Halo Sport users and their loved ones. Use the code HALOFAMILY, or forward this email to someone who would appreciate faster training improvements in 2019.

Thanks again for making Halo Sport part of your routine, and we look forward to hearing about your training in the new year.

Happy holidays,

The Halo Team
"

Just want to remind that I don't work for this company...

Cheers,
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

It should be noted that the Halo Sport REQUIRES a smart phone to run their app to use the device.

https://halo-website-static-assets.s3.a ... +Guide.pdf
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

@NHE

I added a vertical climber to my mini gym. I had been hesitant about getting one because of my balance issues but I found one that has sufficient hand rails around it and make getting on and off of it reasonable safe for me. I am still using the other equipment I got but I find the vertical climber directly targets my weakened 'walking' muscles that are causing me to limp. It will likely take months of rehab to repair years of damage from non-use but I am hopeful that I will improve my gate and possibly in time be able to walk normally again.