Irony for breakfast

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
ArthurJ
Family Member

Irony for breakfast

Post by ArthurJ »

You gotta love the irony in the disconnect of our modern food supply. I was eating fresh strawberries, watermelon and an orange for breakfast today looking out my window at an inch of freshly fallen snow covering the ground and streets. :roll:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Irony for breakfast

Post by jimmylegs »

it's amazingly status quo! i work pretty hard at being a locavore esp where fresh perishables are concerned - not super rigid about it and it's still not exactly easy.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ArthurJ
Family Member

Post by ArthurJ »

It sure beats moldy rye grain though.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/witches ... ence/1501/
When Linnda Caporael began nosing into the Salem witch trials as a college student in the early 1970s, she had no idea that a common grain fungus might be responsible for the terrible events of 1692. But then the pieces began to fall into place. (continues)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

my preferred local craft bakery and purveyor of fave locally sourced and produced rye bread was bought out relatively recently by a mexican multinational manufacturer. call me delusional but i'm still counting it as local.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

In this global economy, 'local' now easily means worldwide! I have discovered many, many, beneficial foods and supplements that are now 'local' to me giving me access to the best of the best thanks to the internet and fast shipping worldwide that would have been impossible for me to procure just a few years ago...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

the carbon offset folks must love you
ArthurJ
Family Member

Post by ArthurJ »

Wednesday morning's fruit: navel orange, strawberries, watermelon and a granny smith apple. Yum. Outside: -2 °C.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

mixed berries purchased from a local farm and frozen last season. enjoying these today in a bowl of steel cut oats and milk topped with flax seed and maple syrup.

OT re lunch: leftover casserole (fresh local onions, potatoes, mushrooms, homegrown dried herbs and frozen peas with west coast wild tinned salmon) on a bed of local cabbage. seasonal and sooo tasty.

Return to “Daily Life”