Dayton Interventional Radiology

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
81Charger
Family Elder

Dayton Interventional Radiology

Post by 81Charger »

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything from anyone that has had the procedure done at this place in Ohio. I didn't realize that you could still get it done anywhere until I read about this place yesterday.

Thanks Glenn
patientx
Family Elder

Re: Dayton Interventional Radiology

Post by patientx »

If you're willing to give them your money, they will probably take it. Before doing that, look up those who decided to see Dr. Dake, Arata, McGuckin, etc.
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

I know what you are saying but there are some on here that say that CCSVI has really helped them. If I could get help with the heat intolerance that would be a big help for me.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

I think one thing that Dr. Sclafani's discussion has demonstrated is that use of intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is critical for successful treatment. It helps to determine an accurate size of the vein thereby avoiding over stretching and damaging the vein and also helps avoid under treatment minimizing restenosis. IVUS also provides a clearer picture of the nature of the problems in the veins as compared to x-ray fluoroscopy.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10680
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

I wish Dr.Sclafani was still doing the procedure.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

81Charger wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 am I know what you are saying but there are some on here that say that CCSVI has really helped them. If I could get help with the heat intolerance that would be a big help for me.
The following was recently posted on the Vascular Connection Facebook page. I know nothing about the Dayton Clinic but I think one can assume much has been learned and corrected since Dr Dake's work at Stanford. Ask questions, be informed. Insist for instance on the IVUS. "violin" underwent CCSVI Venoplasty by Dr Arata to clean out her veins after learning this is recommended for chronic Lyme disease and it helped her enormously. She was told to repeat the procedure, but Dr Arata is apparently under attack. I object to this witch hunt against early practitioners of CCSVI for MS since it is POLITICALLY motivated.. A MD can kill you legally if his performance is consistent with the community standard. Quote below by Jim Gibson

Jim Gibson Had this done in January. My wife can actually feel our toes and her shins for the first time in 10 years her balance is a lot better and her brain fog is gone. 70% blockage on the left 58% on the right. We had it done in Dayton Ohio. Well worth the money. Screw the MS Society of America! Thank you very much doctor Zamboni for inventing this procedure God bless.

Under Vascular Connection Facebook
4LikeReply2wEdited

I just checked out their site. They do use IVUS. Price? Don't know.

Home | Dayton Interventional Radiology
Rechercher dans le domaine daytonir.comdaytonir.com

Best regards, Vesta
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

viewtopic.php?t=19478

No recent reports but here's a few from 2012. Is it still Dr. Syed?
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

It is still Dr Syed, I've spoken with him. He seems like a very nice man. The cost is $9500 which includes two nights in a motel. Mexico is the same price and much farther for me to travel. Thank you all for the information.

Glenn
BusterBrown

Post by BusterBrown »

81Charger wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:41 am It is still Dr Syed, I've spoken with him. He seems like a very nice man. The cost is $9500 which includes two nights in a motel. Mexico is the same price and much farther for me to travel. Thank you all for the information.

Glenn
Hi Glenn - Did you have the procedure in Dayton? Could you tell me how it went? I was treated for CCSVI in Albany in 2010 and it was life changing. Unfortunately, in the last month some symptoms have returned and Albany is no longer an option. Thanks.
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

No unfortunately I never did get to go. I was booked for late March of this year, but then Covid hit and everything started shutting down. I'm from Canada and they closed the borders and they still are closed so I'm not sure when I'll ever get to go.

Glenn

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”