Fifteen Years

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Fifteen Years

Post by SarahLonglands »

Fifteen years since I started the doxycycline et al treatment and about eleven years since I finished it. I still am showing slight signs of improvement. It is sad that a few more people aren't trying it.
Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: Fifteen Years

Post by SarahLonglands »

In about 2014 I started to take high dose biotin, just to see if I could make any further improvements because I must admit that I had MS for so long before starting abx, having had the disease since the early eighties, that my walking was still by no means perfect.

Well, biotin does seem to improve ones strength and that is happening, so I will just carry on with the biotin and keep filing my nails!
Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
clarentine

Post by clarentine »

Thanks Sarah, it's always good to read from you.

I haven't been active here before, but I stumbled upon your husband's site after I was diagnosed and rapidly worsened (within 12 months I went from having no issues and walking fine to hardly being able to walk, among other things). I was lucky to find a doctor who was willing to give antibiotics cycles a try and within a few weeks my rapid progression stopped. It's been two years since then and my last MRIs showed no disease activity after previously having multiple active lesions. I have no doubt the antibiotics worked for me.

Since then I saw major improvements, but still didn't recover fully. I've actually started antibiotics again recently (together with antivirals) because I had the feeling my health started to decline again (and my lymphocyte levels were elevated).

I'm grateful your husband did put all the information on the internet.
Myoak

Post by Myoak »

New treatments continue being developed based in part on your husband's work, Sarah. This one uses a combo of the antibiotic minocycline, the anti-fungal agent fluconazole, and the cholesterol-lowering medication atorvastatin.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/ ... sclerosis/

BTW, a close friend with MS is having great success the last 3 years+ having followed Dr. Wheldon's protocol. We all certain appreciate the immense amount of effort the good doctor put in to develop an effective treatment for MS!!!!!!!
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

This sounds promising, lets hope for the best.