Veggie Juice Heals - A Reminder

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
vesta
Family Elder

Veggie Juice Heals - A Reminder

Post by vesta »

During my first VERY SUCCESSFUL HEALING 1984-85, my Kinesiologist recommended I drink 12 cups of newly extracted Vegetable Juice per week. I bought a centrifugal juicer and went to work.

About this time I read Norman W. Walkers small book on Veggie Juice healing that he wrote in the 1930s (since lost).
"Raw Vegetable Juices: What's Missing in Your Body? (1936) A revision of this book was published in 1978 under the title Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices: What's Missing in Your Body?" (from Wikipedia)
I still remember reading how a hospital patient with a broken leg reported that drinking freshly extracted juice every day facilitated rapid healing.

Once in France circa 1992 I bought a juicer to continue juicing vegetables, though with less frequency than before. An accident sent me to the hospital March 2007. The bone of my left arm having been detached from the shoulder, the surgeon re-attached the arm with screws, leaving a big wound he closed with a series of stitches. (I'm left handed, so praise be to the surgeon who saved that arm.)

Remembering the healing story from Walkers 1930s little book, I asked my husband to bring me fresh veggie juice during his daily visits to the hospital. (Fortunately the cleaning lady did the juicing. It is a pain to wash and peel the vegetables and clean the juicer afterwards.) He brought the juice in a thermos and I drank it over the next 2 or 3 days.

Results ? The wound closed with minimal trace, the nurses were amazed (they know what stitched up wounds look like) and a year later the scar was nearly invisible, a very fine white line which needs to be pointed out to see.

So this time around, having spent the night in the hospital for surgery on the broken bone of my right lower arm above the wrist, upon my return home I immediately set to work with the juicer. I admit I only juice carrots because they are the most readily available now. Once I have access to a more varied vegetable stand I’ll expand into celery and other greens. (My San Francisco Chinese Acupuncture Doctor warned me I would turn yellow with all that Carotene/Vitamin A.) Two kilos (4.4 lbs) of carrots produce over a liter of juice. I drink this over 4 days. Then maybe take a day off, and juice again for another 4 days.

Again, once the cast came off after 5 weeks, the wound had closed so neatly the nurse was amazed, my Osteopath impressed.. However, this time around a small rectangular plate had been inserted which is visible under the skin and extremely painful. Apparently bone had filled in the empty space below, but not entirely. I don’t know when, even if, the plate will be removed but it inhibits flexibility. When I put on a temporary splint to keep the arm straight after 5 weeks of being bent at the elbow, a terrible pain radiated down into the hand which became swollen. My Osteopath advised against the splint during the day, saying the swelling was due to lack of circulation. It has since subsided. I read the lower arm bone takes 3 to 6 months to heal and that swelling is normal. Yikes ! So if juicing helps that process along, juicing it is.

Wait a minute !!!!

If veggie juice heals bone and skin tissue, why not every cell in the body ? I admit I’ve been feeling better recently. Because of the juice ??? Why not? How is it, knowing from personal experience the healing capacity of freshly extracted vegetable juice (not bottled or canned), that I had stopped juicing ? I guess I needed to break my arm to be reminded by the clearly visible wound healing that veggie juice nourishes and heals.

Well, being lazy isn’t a good excuse. It may be the spectacular healing of my nervous system 1984-85 included the myelin sheath whose damage is considered irreparable And for anyone wanting to heal the endothelium post venoplasty, fresh veggie juice should be high on the list.

​Previously Published on my site MSCureEnigmas.net

https://www.mscureenigmas.net

NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Veggie Juice Heals - A Reminder

Post by NHE »

Yes, veggie juice is good. Try watercress, kale and/or broccoli (note that watercress is spicy). You can also make tea from the skin from red onions. Though it requires a bit of patience to cut the onion skin up into small pieces, but the flavor is fine. The easiest thing to do is to roll them up and then cut thin sections off with some scissors. Lastly, you may want to watch the movie 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.' It's about a man who cured himself of the autoimmune disease urticaria by drinking green juice with kale.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Thanks for the suggestions. Now that I'm back to juicing regularly, it will be good to spice things up a bit.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

When it comes to nutrition from veggies, consuming home grown sprouts is hands down the best choice for numerous reasons.