How much humidity?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
neuro1

How much humidity?

Post by neuro1 »

Hi all,

For those that are sensitive to the heat and humidity, how quickly does it affect you?

I am currently not diagnosed 31 year old male . i am fairly sure I have ppms but dr always has an explanation for whatever new symptom comes up. I have noticed when I am inside larger buildings such as the hospital I work at, where it is kept fairly cool, I feel pretty good and get lots of studying done and can concentrate, but the minute I leave the building I feel like crap, incredibly fatigued, can't concentrate when I get home (old house built in 1920s) that is more humid inside than it is outside - fatigue is so bad I can fall asleep after 10mg of adderall and an energy drink. Even walking into a cool patient room vs warm one its like my brain shuts off and my leg gets shaky.
Can the humidity and heat effect you that quickly with ms?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: How much humidity?

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
If your doctor dismisses you, the obvious question is "is this person helping me?" When the answer is no then try changing doctors.
You may or may not have MS. No one can tell without proper testing. If you hadn't mentioned MS, I would have immediately thought the worsening of your symptoms inside your old and humid house would have made me check for allergies to mold.
You are going from an airconditioned, relatively sterile working environment, where you feel ok, to the opposite. Have you been checked for allergies?
Self diagnosis is not a great idea. Even medically trained people stuff up when it comes to MS diagnosis.
To answer your question, heat and humidity can have an immediate impact on someone with MS.
Giving you adderall, which is used to treat narcolepsy, doesn't even sound appropriate based on what you described. You don't use a sledgehammer to open a walnut. Energy drinks usually contain a massive amount of hidden sugar. That could give you a surge and then dump you.
I would suggest exploring allergies or check for a candida infection before you assume it is MS. The things you have left out of your description would make me doubtful that MS is where you should look.
Try and see an allergist and think about changing doctors.
I realize, this is not what you wanted to hear but an MS diagnosis only comes after eliminating all the possibilities that something else is the cause.
Regards,

Return to “General Discussion”