a other drug it a done deal

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Weneedhope
Family Member

a other drug it a done deal

Post by Weneedhope »

https://apnews.com/press-release/globen ... b3e7671135

is this a 7 year wiat ?

thank you all
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: a other drug it a done deal

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Any new drug has to go through several hurdles. Firstly, an idea has to merit money being advanced to conduct some research. Any idea has to compete with other new concepts. It has to be plausible, backed by some reasonable basis and seem to be a better use of limited research dollars compared to other ideas. It would need to compete for laboratory space, support staff, set up costs and research brain power. At the first step, the research will usually be done by academics. If they have a strong enough idea it may attract the interest of a second round of funding from donor organisations.
There is no guarantee that a good idea will ever advance to a commercial stage. The researcher may publish a good article and then move on to a completely different topic. Researchers need to live so they will often change to something more financially rewarding.
Cancer is the big area in medical research so any other idea has to compete for space against it.
It can can a very long time for a concept to translate to a drug. Some drugs don't reach a commercial stage until decades have passed. Other good ideas just don't make it at all. Some are 'rediscovered' long after the original idea was proposed.

The fastest way to bring a drug to market is to repurpose one that has already been used for something else. There are some drugs that are fast tracked and obtain 'orphan status' = there is an urgent need and no other drug exists.
Apart from seeming to work, a drug company needs to demonstrate the mechanism of action i.e. explain how it works.

Many MS drugs are released without the understanding of how they work being fully understood. Some drugs are different formulations of another product and they can get a fairly quick approval. Nothing is quick because if the basic questions are not well answered there is a risk of negative side effects. In our case, there is no point taking a medication that cures MS by eventually killing us.
When you read about a new idea, don't expect it to become a drug that you take any time soon. It might take 30 years.
The recently released drugs are either variations on a known concept, long researched and trialed ideas or drugs released with insufficient trials as orphan drugs . I wouldn't expect any idea to come quickly to market. Seven years would be really fast.
MS drugs won't be released like Covid vaccines. There, the mechanism of action is understood and there is an urgent need.
Until someone, irrefutably, proves what causes MS expect medications to take a very long time.
Regards,
Weneedhope
Family Member

Post by Weneedhope »

is A.i the only way to go faster with f.d.a

i seen other drugs made in 8 mouths with A.i

has google has cracked your cell of life

30 years too long for f.d.a

thank you
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
No. A.I only speeds up the calculations. You still have to test on animals, then small groups of people, then large groups of people. Sometimes things work in theory or in a laboratory dish or in a mouse model but don't work in people. Sometimes drugs appear safe but cause serious unexpected problems after continued use.
Researchers and doctors all have one constant rule - do no harm. They have to be sure. That is why it takes so long and costs so much.
Regards,
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Weneedhope wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 pm https://apnews.com/press-release/globen ... b3e7671135

is this a 7 year wiat ?

thank you all
Things you can do right now...

Sleep, 8 or more hours a night.
Exercise or physical therapy.
A good diet, no added sugars, lots of fruits & veggies.
+ Some supplement examples...
Moderate vitamin D3 (1000 IU/day) and magnesium glycinate.

A high quality fish oil: Trunature Omega-3

Lipoic Acid: Doctor's Best Na-R-Lipoate

Longvida Curcumin: Now Longvida Curcumin

Ginkgo: Doctor's Best Ginkgo