Spasticity when awakening - Feet Forced Outwards

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
wisteria

Spasticity when awakening - Feet Forced Outwards

Post by wisteria »

Does anyone find when they wake up that along with spasticity their feet feel like they are intensely "pushing outwards" - as if there is great force pushing your feet outwards - this happens to my arms too when I wake up and stretch them. Thanks
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Spasticity when awakening - Feet Forced Outwards

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Do you mean it's like the toes are spread further apart or is the foot angled unusually from the ankle?

Regards,
wisteria

Post by wisteria »

I have had the severe cramping with toes spreading, but for the above, I'm talking about even if your feet/toes are not going apart - it feels as if a HUGE force is pushing my feet straight out to the cosmos - thanks very much for responding to the post
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
Do you have any trouble moving your foot from side to side like this - (don't worry about the commentary)
and can you move your foot like this - (again, don't worry about the commentary)

Regards,
Dnfm23

Post by Dnfm23 »

I read your post and while my issues are a different part of the leg, all my issues are upon wakening up too. Mine is the top of my legs, quads/hammies whenever I straighten my legs when I wake up. After I’m up for a few minute then the spasticity goes away. Let me know what you find out with your issue and I’ll let you know what the Dr says about mine as they’re similar enough to compare notes. I don’t have any DX of anything at this time.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

it's weird - just this year something like this issue has started to creep up on me. it doesn't affect the direction of my feet at all. it's not every day, is more like an involuntary 'cat-stretch' routine with my calves, and only first thing in the morning.
on bad days, i notice a definite postural effect on balance, too.
after the latest related search, am interested to read this old news:
Imbalance in Multiple Sclerosis: A Result of Slowed Spinal Somatosensory Conduction
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2789668/
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Undiagnosed”