MS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Thor

MS

Post by Thor »

My name is Judy .
I am 72 years old and I am very unwell.
I think it might be MS . I have done some research and it would appear that MS doesn’t after women of my age.
But I have many of the symptoms. I live in the U.K.

I would be grateful , if anyone else my age has had a similar issue / problem as I am extremely concerned.
I think , if it is MS, it has been there for many years. I have had mild symptoms come and go over about ten years at least
Thanks

Judy
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: MS

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Judy,

MS is a tricky disease. The symptoms are varied and even the experts can sometimes make an incorrect diagnosis.
Have you considered seeing a neurologist?

Regards,
Thor

Post by Thor »

Thanks Scott1 .

Yes I’m hoping to see if I can get an appt .today . Supposed to be going on holiday tomorrow but not fit😥
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Judy,

The important thing is to clearly describe what your symptoms are, not assume they point to MS. You can mention that you wonder if that is what you have, but testing is the only way to find an answer. Many things have similar symptoms. What they add up to is the question. At this time of year it is unusual to see a neurologist without a bit of a wait.

Good luck.

Regards, Scott1
Thor

Post by Thor »

Scott1. Thanks again . Got a GP appt.on Jan 16 th, so will discuss with her and see if she will do me a referral .
I’ll post again if I have anything to report

Return to “Introductions”