Fun reading list.

Discuss your favorite books here
MSKarateka
Family Member

Fun reading list.

Post by MSKarateka »

I love Larry Correia, Jim Butcher, Stephen Lawhead, Jack Whyte and Bernard Cornwell.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Fun reading list.

Post by ElliotB »

I have forgotten what it is like to read for fun as all I seem to do is research... I will check those out, thanks! Any favorite titles you would like to share?
MSKarateka
Family Member

Post by MSKarateka »

ElliotB wrote:I have forgotten what it is like to read for fun as all I seem to do is research... I will check those out, thanks! Any favorite titles you would like to share?
Start with Larry Correia's Grimnoir series. 3 novels and 2 short stories. Hard Magic is the first one.

For Jim Butcher, start with the Dresden Files series. Storm Front is the first.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!

https://www.amazon.com/Surely-Youre-Jok ... 393355624/

Review:
One of the most famous science books of our time, the phenomenal national bestseller that "buzzes with energy, anecdote and life. It almost makes you want to become a physicist" (Science Digest).

Richard P. Feynman, winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, thrived on outrageous adventures. In this lively work that “can shatter the stereotype of the stuffy scientist” (Detroit Free Press), Feynman recounts his experiences trading ideas on atomic physics with Einstein and cracking the uncrackable safes guarding the most deeply held nuclear secrets―and much more of an eyebrow-raising nature. In his stories, Feynman’s life shines through in all its eccentric glory―a combustible mixture of high intelligence, unlimited curiosity, and raging chutzpah.
MSKarateka
Family Member

Post by MSKarateka »

Larry Correia has another one called "Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent" narrated by Adam Baldwin. It is only on audible or on his website http://monsterhunternation.com. I find it hysterical.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

The Double Helix

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Helix-Per ... 74321630X/

Review:
The classic personal account of Watson and Crick’s groundbreaking discovery of the structure of DNA, now with an introduction by Sylvia Nasar, author of A Beautiful Mind.

By identifying the structure of DNA, the molecule of life, Francis Crick and James Watson revolutionized biochemistry and won themselves a Nobel Prize. At the time, Watson was only twenty-four, a young scientist hungry to make his mark. His uncompromisingly honest account of the heady days of their thrilling sprint against other world-class researchers to solve one of science’s greatest mysteries gives a dazzlingly clear picture of a world of brilliant scientists with great gifts, very human ambitions, and bitter rivalries.