A new track... (music)

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Like it?

Yes
33%
Maybe
67%
No, rubbish
No votes

Total votes: 6

LeoDaV

A new track... (music)

Post by LeoDaV »

I made a track about myself and my MS.

Listen to it here: Why

It's far from complete and it's badly mixed but I'm sure it will end up on my next album. But I wanted to give you all a preview :D Comments?... Please!

Johan
(on FTY720 and dropped from EDSS 5.5 to 2.0!)
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

The song is not clear enough for me to understand what you are singing. Sorry.

gwa
LeoDaV

Post by LeoDaV »

Yeah.. it's a talkbox... so needs some more work on that... and I have an accent (being Dutch)

Text:
What is happening to me
With my eye I can't see
With my legs I can't walk
With my hands I can't feel

Voice over:
"In 2003 I was diagnosed with a disease called Multiple Sclerosis. Hundreds of scientists worldwide are searching for the cause... and ultimately a cure"

What is happening to me
Why is my body eating me

Tell me why oh why tell me why
Why oh why tell me why
Why
(2x at the end)
Last edited by LeoDaV on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AllyB
Family Elder

Post by AllyB »

Hi Johan

The overall sound is interesting - I like it. But I cannot make out the vocals - not sure if it is a technical issue with the computer.
Keep doing what you love.
Al
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Very cool!! I like the beat +++. What I like the most is the fact that you improved on FTY720 because I am on the study too ,although I am sure I am on the placebo. Good luck in your endeavors. Don't let MS stop you, ever.. Carole
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

Post by TwistedHelix »

Hello Johan,
I agree with the others about the lyrics, but I love the Jean-Michel Jarre-type synth sounds!
It got me thinking: I know it's nothing to do with the general aim of this forum, but it might be fun to have a board where we can share our collective talents – photos, paintings, poems etc.
What do you think?
Dom
LeoDaV

Post by LeoDaV »

Thanks all for your comments.

The mix I made was just a quick mixdown of what I had at that moment. It will be mastered and then the overall sound will improve drastically.

The main problem with singing with a talkbox is you know what you sung. So another perceives it differently then yourself. It's just a sign I probably need to rerecord it and do it a little bit better :D

As for the JMJ style: I have to admit I once was a big fan and you can still hear it in my music...

@carolew: I'll continue with music as long as I'm able to. I still have partly numb hands and I really can't feel keys and strings not perfectly anymore but I won't give up!

Johan
LeoDaV

Update...

Post by LeoDaV »

Hi all!

The track has been remixed and is much much clearer now. It's now, in musical terms, in a pre-master stage. Meaning that the final step before it goes on CD (the master) still has to be done.

Love to hear responses!

Johan
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

LeoDaV wrote:I still have partly numb hands and I really can't feel keys and strings not perfectly anymore but I won't give up!
I listened to the track when u first posted, but if your using synths and a computer, I am guessing u are using a sequencer, which would also have "step-record" I know I have blamed my MS for over use of this feature :oops: