Another site to monitor AIMSPRO

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
adjanimals
Family Member

Another site to monitor AIMSPRO

Post by adjanimals »

This site has some information on Aimspro.
This may have been already been posted or known about.
But I thought it would be good to post.

www.proventus.org.uk

Those in the UK that are members here and are taking Aimspro in the trials, it would great to have regular updates on your condition.
I know the rest of us in the US could use some good news.

At a 85% success rate and no major side affects, I would think this could be pushed faster than the CRAB drugs. They didn't have that good of a rating considering all the side affects.
Daunted
Family Elder

Re: Another site to monitor AIMSPRO

Post by Daunted »

I just read all the information on this site, not much new but it is a very nice website that really summarizes all the relevant info.

One thing that jumped out at me, though, was the fact that the trials would be stopped if Aimspro had the dramatic effect they claim it does- does anyone know when that date would be? (It's a 2-year trial so I suspect it would be the 1-year mark?)

That would be one way to see if the scientific evidence is congruent with the ancecdotal stories...if they don't stop the trials, to me that is very bad news.
Xenova
Family Member

Post by Xenova »

Does anyone know how Aimspro works? Is it like interferons or copaxone in that it modulates the immune system? All I saw on the website was that it is an anti-inflammatory. There's got to be more to it than just that.
Daunted
Family Elder

Post by Daunted »

Xenova wrote:Does anyone know how Aimspro works? Is it like interferons or copaxone in that it modulates the immune system? All I saw on the website was that it is an anti-inflammatory. There's got to be more to it than just that.
It is supposedly an incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory with immune-modulating effects as well. I was under the impression that the issue in SPMS was not so much inflammation, so if it is working on someone who has MS for years (like the Osmond brother), than it does seem very likely that it does far more than simply reduce inflammation.

Wouldn't it be amazing if this stuff actually worked and MS could be easily managed with medication??
Xenova
Family Member

Post by Xenova »

I agree. But I'd rather get a once a month iv rather than an every other day shot if aimspro proves to be no more effective than antegren.
Daunted
Family Elder

Post by Daunted »

Xenova wrote:I agree. But I'd rather get a once a month iv rather than an every other day shot if aimspro proves to be no more effective than antegren.
Well, to scientifically compare, the Antegren trials WERE NOT stopped early- in other words, they didn't obviously demonstrate tremendous, indisputable benefit. If Aimspro does, that would make it quite a different level of treatment. Also, no one that I know of has even suggested that Antegren would work in SPMS or PPMS or reverse previous damage.

I think Antegren is going to turn out to be highly over-rated. But I could be wrong.
Last edited by Daunted on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nemotoday
Family Member

Proventus

Post by Nemotoday »

The formation of a pressure group is Great news, for people in the UK.

Perhaps those in other countries should do the same for use when "Aimspro" gets approval in the UK and Europe.

Thanks for the information and regards to everyone.

N :D
Gonzo
Getting to Know You...

Post by Gonzo »

There is a document here http://www.osmondms.com/pathways.pdf taken from the MSRC New Pathways magazine which goes someway to explaining how Aimspro works.
My Site http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk
Multiple Sclerosis - A Personal Account