news about Doxy

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
whyRwehere
Family Elder

news about Doxy

Post by whyRwehere »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7136088.stm

Just picked some up today and the pharmacist seemed surprised at the dosage...and that's without roxy etc.....nice to come home to the article, though.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Good for you! You'll probably end up educating your pharmacist about cpn infection, like I had to.

Saw the article earlier. Though I don't care for the 'enzyme' theory, it's good the terms 'antibiotics' and 'MS' are being paired up more often!
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Yes, I agree, the theory is, "okay, we know these are helping, but let's try to find some other reason and add some other drug...." In any case, every article/study helps...
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Agreed. The words 'antibiotics' and 'MS' need to be paired up as often as possible, whenever and wherever possible. :wink:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Answered already? What time is it there, that you're still up?
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

1:30 a.m! I'm on vacation for two more days and relishing my freedom. (Actually, I ought to down my melatonin and cal/mag and probiotic and set my derriere on the bed...)

Can't let the abx do their work if I don't let my body get some sleep, I suppose.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

:lol: go to bed!
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

(Hanging head and avoiding eye contact) If I must.

I had so hoped to become a party animal now that I've recovered my energy levels. Piffle. (She sniffs a bit, then gives up and powers down the laptop for the last time tonight.)
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

go to bed!
That's told her: I remember when I first started being desperate to get to bed, halfway up the top flight of stairs and stopped by David, who just wouldn't stop talking. Excitement, maybe.

Sarah :D
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.

Return to “Antibiotics”