A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
bromley
Family Elder

CPn research from Australia

Post by bromley »

Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Thanks for posting this! By the way, I thought you were going to be absent for 40 days!
Lori
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Lori,

I lasted 3 days (but I'm sticking with my no chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc for 40 days).

I'd say I wish I was having your Florida weather, but the weather here is lovely. Frost in the morning and 15C (58F) by midday. Warmest Feb for 100 years - global warming isn't all bad.

Ian
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

It has been really really warm here. We haven't had the pleasant winter like in the past. We are also really low on rain. But finally today it is raining. We need it so badly.
Lori
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello you two, I often have trouble viewing these Acclerated Cure things, so can one of you tell me if it is this, copied from PubMed?

http://tinyurl.com/2zf6c6

Parratt J, Tavondale R, O'Riordan J, Parratt D, Swingler R.

Department of Neurology, University of Sydney, Blackburn Building, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia.

The significance of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) is unclear.We determined the frequency of serum C. pneumoniae-specific immune complexes in patients withMS, neurological (OND) and healthy controls in a blinded, cross-sectional study. C. pneumoniaeimmune complexes were detected in 24% (38/156) of MS patients, 16% (11/69) of OND and 15%(77/499) of healthy controls. The odds ratio for all MS patients was 3.95 (95% CI: 2.15 to 7.24;P _ 0.0001) accounting for the covariates: sex, age, socio-economic status and area of residence. Theodds ratio for recently diagnosed MS patients was 4.33 (95% CI: 1.76 to 10.64; P _ 0.001). SystemicC. pneumoniae infection is more frequent in MS patients than the healthy population and occurs early in the course of the disease.

PMID: 18208884 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Ian no chocolates, cakes or biscuits? My guess is that leaving off posting here for lent would be even harder, though!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Yes, Sarah, this is it.
Lori
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Sarah, Any idea on how they detect cpn? I'd expect the numbers to be higher, if using Vanderbilt's method of discernment...
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Sorry Mac, no idea, except that as far as I know they aren't one of the labs who use the Vanderbilt primers.

Oh, by the way, now that the lab is to be reopened, they will be testing in vitro, amongst other things, ways of clearing the pathogen faster and hopefully less agonizingly.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

Anecdote wrote:Sorry Mac, no idea, except that as far as I know they aren't one of the labs who use the Vanderbilt primers.

Oh, by the way, now that the lab is to be reopened, they will be testing in vitro, amongst other things, ways of clearing the pathogen faster and hopefully less agonizingly.

Sarah
When will the lab open and what specific information are the researchers hunting? I am curious as to why the ABX works for some patients and not others.

gwa
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

gwa wrote:When will the lab open and what specific information are the researchers hunting? I am curious as to why the ABX works for some patients and not others.gwa
Isn't this the Trillion Dollar Question.

When we met with Dr. Sriram, he said, "It works for some people and it doesn't work for others and I don't know why and if I did we wouldn't be sitting here right now."

For me this moment will be forever burned in my memory. Not for the words, but the sincere feeling in his voice and his drive to unlock the cure for everyone. I could see that there was frustration and determination. He is truly burdened with his gift and I feel we should do whatever we can to help him to bring his vision to the world. I pray for Dr. Sriram, everyday. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

As for when the lab will be reopening: very soon but I don't know the exact date, or even if the date is exact. It will be a new lab so it means Stratton and his co-workers moving all their stuff in between their teaching commitments.

Sarah