An Empirical Course Of Treatment

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
magpie
Getting to Know You...

An Empirical Course Of Treatment

Post by magpie »

I am going to be following the regime for the treatment of adults with chronic persistent Chlamydia pneumoniae infection.

Doxycycline 200mg once a day
Roxithromycin 150 mg twice a day
After three months five day pulses of Metronidazole 400mg three times a day

Vitamins and Supplements have a big part to play in that they will help to repair some of the damage caused by MS

Vitamin C 1 Gram daily (antioxidant)
Vitamin B complex high dose daily (nerve repair)
Vitamin D 800 - 1000iu (4000iu in multiple sclerorsis) daily (endothelial repair)
Vitamin E 800iu daily (connective tissue repair)
Vitamin B12 5 x 1000 mcg tablets daily (low cellular levels found in chronic chlamydial disease)
1 fish oil capsule daily (tissue repair)
Selenium 100 200 micrograms daily (tissue repair)
Magnesium 300 mg daily (low levels found in chronic infections)
Calcium 500 mg daily
Regular acidophilus capsules (to restock gut flora after antibiotics)

People who have been reading about consultant microbiologist, Dr David Wheldon's treatment will recognise the above straight away. I was lucky enough to be seen by this wonderful, gentle and kind man last week. He was able to give me a private prescription for the three required antibiotics and I have already ordered them from the pharmacy and will be able to pick them up tomorrow. I hope that he doesn't get inundated with requests to see him! (I do think it is important to share my experiences though.) I had already tried a dialogue with my doctors and they have been unhelpful thus far.

I decided that I am going to follow the recommended regime as closely as I possibly can. As a subsequence I have been shopping on the internet and have ordered all the Vits and supplements also.

For interests sake, so far I have spent £110 on three months supply of vitamins and £320 on two months supply of antibiotics.

I was diagnosed with MS on 16th Dec 2003. I suffered with a heavy cold and sinus problems in January 2003, very shortly after that I started with my first MS symptom of nystagmus. Over the course of 2003 I had various different MS symptoms, L'hermitte's sign, pins and needles with numbness in my legs and trunk, burning sensations, all the usual stuff. My doctors wouldn't listen to me and told me that my symptoms were psychosomatic. By November 2003 I was in a bad way and I suppose you could say I suffered a major relapse and had to be hospitalised, I had a MRI scan and my dx followed. Right now I feel quite strong. I haven't had any new symptoms since about April 2004. I do have lasting symptoms of pins and needles in both of my feet and my right thumb, I suffer from fatigue, I have MS euphoria, and mild memory and cognitive problems.

This posting is by way of introducing myself and sharing my treatment. I will post again once I have started the course of antibiotics.

Magpie
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Magpie, a quick message from the proverbial bad penny! You might be better copying this post to the Regimens section, because that keeps everyone neatly together. Not that I am renowned for my neatness: you should see my studio! Very good posting though, and I must say I agree with you about David.

Sarah
magpie
Getting to Know You...

Post by magpie »

You are not a bad penny for me Sarah. If you hadn't posted information elsewhere, (on another messageboard)I may never have discovered this treatment and yes, course you'll agree with me about David! :lol:

I've copied my post in Regimens and will continue my updates there.

Magpie