What exactly is four days of HiCy like??

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
L
Family Elder

What exactly is four days of HiCy like??

Post by L »

Hey all

Question for people who have undergone the treatment - what exactly are those four days like? I am interested to know. I have gained a bit of an idea from threads here on this forum but it's still a bit of a mystery to me. Is it unpleasant? Does the time fly by on account of the drugs? Do the anti emetics work well?

Thanks!
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Day 4 was hard for Mel, but she remembers little of the whole experience now.

The anti-puke shots keep you sleepy.

Some have it a lot worse though with the nausea and headaches, ask Chris!

I think they'll all tell you its worth it though.
RedPenguins
Family Elder

Post by RedPenguins »

Well, for whatever it's worth...which isn't much I suppose since I'm an unusual person...

I didn't get sick at all! I didn't puke. I didn't get nauseous.

The 4 days was almost like a mini-vacation.... granted, being hooked up to the cath lines/IV was a pain in the a$$, but overall - I was blown away at how smooth it was.

I can't speak highly enough of the nurses on the HiCy floor. They were incredibly amazing.

My friends were with me - and we sat and watched movies, popped popcorn, took walks around the hospital. The night of Day 3 - I even ate a ton of fried, greasy, horrible food - I was tempting fate LOL. Still did not get sick. No one could believe at how well I did. I was certain there wasn't chemo in those IV bags....

I wish for everyone to have such a good experience!!

~Keri
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Thanks Jamie and Keri.

So HiCy patients are not isolated? I assumed that while there was no immune system visitors would be restricted, but this isn't the case?

And once the four days are over the sickness disappears quickly?

One more question, sorry for all the questions, is nausea brought on as the cyclophosphamide is being administered?

Thanks!
Davis
Getting to Know You...

Post by Davis »

L wrote:Thanks Jamie and Keri.

So HiCy patients are not isolated? I assumed that while there was no immune system visitors would be restricted, but this isn't the case?

And once the four days are over the sickness disappears quickly?

One more question, sorry for all the questions, is nausea brought on as the cyclophosphamide is being administered?

thanks!
This is what I recall.

You have to bring someone with you. This person is safe for you to be with.
There are specific instructions once you get to the hospital. All of your instructions about after care are very specific. Example mask, hand-washing, etc.
The nausea is from the drug and anti nausea drugs are given.

look at www.chrishadms.com there are pictures of him in the hospital and after. Also www.rebootingkathy.blogspot.com .
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

thanks !

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”