Wife's regimen

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
DIM
Family Elder

Wife's regimen

Post by DIM »

Time to pass here some changes I have done to wife's regimen:

breakfast:
500mg carnitine with 150mg Lipoic acid and 50mg Q10
1gr omega 3
200mcg Selenium (5 days/week)
2500IU vitamin A (4 days/week)
300mcg Chromium (5 days/week)
100mg Resveratrol
120mg Gingko Biloba
1caps Kelp (5 days/week)

12pm
1020mg Salvia
500mg Inosine (her uric acid levels are at higher normal level)
500mg N-acetyl cysteine
100mg Pycnogenol
500mg Quercetin

lunch
500mg carnitine with 150mg lipoic acid
1gr omega 3
1 caps B-50 (3 times weekly/due to elevated leves B family-Sunday 1 caps methylcobalamin)
700mg vitamin C
400mg tocotrienols & 20mg vitamin E
120mg Gingko Biloba
100mg resveratrol
50mg Zinc

afternoon
500mg N-acetyl cysteine
350mg EGCG
1500mg curcumin
400mg choline-350mg inositol (improve curcumin absorption)

dinner
500mg carnitine
5000IU vitamin D (4 times/week)
1200mg Calcium/600mg Magnesium
Achidophilus 1 caps
250mg silybum

11pm
3mg LDN

-Every Saturday no vitamins-minerals (except vitamin D)
-Every Sunday only carnitine, inosine, cysteine, silybum, pycnogenol, resveratrol, EGCG, gingko (detox day).

-Restricted BBD, no milk, no gluten, no red meat except game meats, no foods recognised with ELISA test for intolerances.

-Four days the week training with vibration machine, almost every day walks for exposure to sun and exercising.

Relapse free last three-four years (or more? I don't remember...) although from time to time we change slightly regimen according to blood test results (recently we reduced vitamins/minerals due to elevated but still normal creatinine levels!

Waiting for your comments/corrections!

Dimitris

PS: We will add for the next 3 months some supplements for protomyxzoa infection - just in case:
serrapeptase, 40.000 fibrilytic units/daily,
longvida curcumin, 2 times/daily (63 times greater absorption than normal curcumin)
tribiotics (a supplement with berberine, artemisinin, Citrus Seed Extract, Black Walnut Hulls)
achidophilus, 3 times/daily for the increased detox
Last edited by DIM on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Dmitris....
Beautiful, beautiful. Do not apologize-your English is just fine.
Your program is amazing. I know you have reasons for separating the supplements in time, throughout the day, rather than having her take them at once. Maybe explain your understanding to us, when you have the chance. I see that Sunday is her "day of rest" for detox. Where did you get that idea?

How is your wife? I am nosey...is she feeling better, stable?
I'm sure she must appreciate all of your knowledge.
Thank you for sharing your program-
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Thanks Cheer for your comments, I simply try to do the best for my wife as every other that cares for his partner does!

Let me explain why i follow different hours for different supplements.
First of all according to blood tests she has had last Spring elevated liver enzymes and high levels in some minerals-vitamins so I decided to stop them for Saturday and Sunday in order to give the body a chance to rest and detox, same reason for the daily silybum!

Carnitine and cysteine are non essential amino acids and compete during absorption with food proteins so it make sense to give them away from food, ALA and Q10 increase by 200-300 times carnitine action.
For similar reasons I give her different hours calcium from magnesium etc and try to keep inosine away from others supps as it may interfere with them.

Fatty acids increase absorption of some minerals and fat soluble vitamins while curcumin reduce their absorption. Curcumin also needs choline (and bioperine but this reduces beneficial prostaglandins to MSers) for increased bioavailability and vitamin D works the same way.

EGCG and quercetin are the most powerfull antioxidants, anticoagulants (as tocotrienol is) and we know in the morning metabolic substances are much more than in the evening thus we need more antioxidants that fight free radicals.

Insulin in the morning "regulates" insulin levels for the rest of the day so I give her chromium with the breakfast and we prefer foods with low glycemic index the morning.
For similar reasons Alpha Lipoic Acid in the morning (helps sugar metabolisation and liver function).

Finally I try to split the supplements during the day although they are mostly needed the first half and have every two-three hours something strong that gives energy, fights viruses-bacterials (don't forget is winter here) and promotes vascular health (say gingko-resveratrol-pycnogenol-quercetin-EGCG-curcumin-choline-fatty acids)!
Of course someone more experienced could correct me but as I already told criticism is more than welcome!
Last edited by DIM on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Forgot to tell you, wife is fine except the day before her menstrual cycle when she feels somehow "different".
No fatique, no numbness, no depression, no generally MS symptoms (thanks god) except two times when she has had last Spring colds but this is normal I thing!
She walks some days more than 6-7 kilometers, has >30-40 minutes vibro training and this programm continues even in the summer with 35C ambients (probably due to LDN effect in endorphins)!
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Hello Dim!

Looks like we are in "same boat" :D Your story sounds like I had written it. My wife's dx is now 2,5 years old and we have been on best-best-diet + supplements about 2 yrs. Exercises / sports have been in our protocal too, jogging and lifting weights --> quite simple program: 3 x week, leg-day (squats), chest/triceps/shoulders and back-muscles/bicebs. I have my "own garage-gym", which is fine :) .
I am big believer when we are talking about nutrition and exercises. And im not only talking about ms - but for everyone. Vegetables, fruits and especially berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc..) are on our daily menu. Next summer Im gonna pick lots of berries, exellent antioxidants.

My wife was quite bad condition when ms attacked 2,5 yrs ago. Worst problem was big fatigue - just like battery got empty. When we began best-bet-diet she got better and better. Nowadays she is almost symptom free, once a month (menstrual) some numbness and sometimes after harder sport. Diet has worked so fine - couldn't be more happier about results.

Say greetings to your wife too from me and my wife.

- Ernst from Finland (very very North)

ps. also sorry for english-mistakes.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Your English is very good!

Post by lyndacarol »

Ernst--Don't apologize for your English! It is very good. I know NO Finnish, so I'm glad this site doesn't require that I speak that!

I admire you for strongly supporting your wife in her difficulties. The two of you seem to have found the successful protocol for her--congratulations! Now, let us analyze the elements and find what is making the difference and WHY it works! I assume she has never used medication (oral or injectible) for her MS?
Last edited by lyndacarol on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Hi Ernst glad to hear you are doing fine with your supplement-exercise programm, actually we did some changes to her regimen so it looks like this:
before breakfast:
500mg carnitine with 150mg Lipoic acid and 50mg Q10

at breakfast:
1gr omega 3
60mg Tocotrienol (vitamin E family)
200mcg Selenium
5000IU vitamin A
50mg Zinc
300mcg Chromium
120mg Gingko Biloba
50mg resveratrol
60mg Pycnogenol
Achidophilus 1 caps
250mg silybum
1/2 tea spoon Lauricidin (monolaurinic acid)

at 12pm
500mg carnitine with 150mg lipoic acid
350mg EGCG
500mg Quercetin
600mg Inosine
500mg N-acetyl cysteine

at lunch
1gr omega 3
1 caps B-50
500mg vitamin C
400IU vitamin E
400mg Magnesium
120mg Gingko Biloba
50mg resveratrol
60mg Pycnogenol
250mg silybum

at 4-5pm
500mg carnitine
350mg EGCG
600mg Inosine
500mg N-acetyl cysteine

at dinner
500mg carnitine
1000 or more IU vitamin D
600mg Calcium
1800mg curcumin
400mg choline bitartrate - 400mg Inositol
Achidophilus 1 caps
250mg silybum
1/2 tea spoon Lauricidin (monolaurinic acid)

at 11pm
3mg LDN

Sunday completely off for detox!
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Wow, thats an big list of good supplements. Our supplement list is not that broad. We (I mean wife... I use just some supplements) use mostly same that is in "direct-ms" (by A.Embry) page. We try to eat as healthy as possible, lots of antioxidant-rich foods with lots of nutrition. Lately I have been thinking that maybe MS is about mitocondrial-failure - which comes to some (whose genetics fits..) with poor nutrition. And best you can do, is give your cells lots of nutrition - and avoid "bad" foods (poor by nutrition, promote oxidative stress / inflammation, etc.). Ok, I'm far from scientist.. but try to fight with common sense :D

I believe that excersise is very, very importan when thinking of health.. or ms. There are so many reasons for sports, I mean to everyone. My brains just say that "exercise (power, endurance, coordination, etc) - and fight the disease.

best wishes Ernst
lionheart
Family Member

Post by lionheart »

Wow, Dimitris, this quantity of supplements must cost you a lot! Do they all come as separate pills?
And about the mg, how did you come up with the dosage? Have you taken advice by some doctor?
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

lionheart wrote:Wow, Dimitris, this quantity of supplements must cost you a lot! Do they all come as separate pills?
And about the mg, how did you come up with the dosage? Have you taken advice by some doctor?
I always use this dosage and according to her blood tests Mg levels are fine, forgot to mention I doubled her Calcium to 1200mg months ago!
Regarding cost I pay for her supplements even for her medicine (LDN) but I believe health has no cost, IF you can afford it do the best you can!
And I am not reach...

PS: I buy milk thistle, gingko, pycnogenol, resveratrol and curcumin from www.puritan.com, they sell 2+3 at the price of 2!
lionheart
Family Member

Post by lionheart »

This site is just great!!! They have fantastic supplements and in many mg per pill, and it is really affordable if you buy 5 at the price of two. How are they delivered to Greece btw? Does it cost much? The delivery I mean.

And the mgs your wife takes, how have you decided how much exactly to take? And ALL these supplements don't they interfere with one another in a way? And it's important, is she on any CRAB medications?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wife's regimen

Post by NHE »

DIM wrote:I always use this dosage and according to her blood tests Mg levels are fine
I think that Lionheart may have been asking about the dosage in milligrams (mg) of all of the supplements and not that of just magnesium (Mg).

NHE
lionheart
Family Member

Post by lionheart »

Correct! :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

dim what assay do you guys use for testing wifey's magnesium. what is it, only 1% of the body's mag in blood?
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

@lionheart
I did my own research about quantities and although with vitamins-minerals is quite easy (I try to be conservative nor overdoing it) if you search around with other items is quite difficult and comes from blood tests, results (for example her B12 levels are at or above upper levels one year now), effect and other's experience.
None of her supplements interferes with other, I am sure for this and did many changes last two years and many corrections.
She takes LDN (no CRAB, low dose naltrexone) and follows BBD although she eats more than 20-25gr good fats per day, fish 3-5 times per week, many sessame snacks, walnuts, vegetables, fruits etc and 4-5 days exercise with power plate as it stimulates nerve regeneration according to researches.
@jimmylegs
I don't know how they measure magnesium but I'll check it for you!

Return to “Regimens”