dose one over

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
sara33
Family Member

dose one over

Post by sara33 »

did today. how did you people sleep? they were taking my vitals every fifteen minutes. holy cow. my bones hurt. i'm tired. i'm going to bed. little nauseous, but mostly i have a headache. i just want the dog to go outside and do her thing so i can go to sleep.
freiguy
Family Member

Post by freiguy »

Sara33,
I am getting ready for my second round of infusions. The first round was last July and I really didn't have any problems besides what everyone else has posted (rash after 5 days - only lasted a day or so). I started dragging a bit a couple of days after the last day. Let us know how things progess. Good luck.
sara33
Family Member

Post by sara33 »

thanks frei. i'm good so far. i'm wondering did the rash itch? the best thing i've found for rashes (let's hope it just stays away!) is actually a product called bikiniZone... used kinda as an ummm, aftershave for the bikini area in women's swimsuits. it's made of pure lidocaine. pretty much stops every itch i've ever encountered, even my nieces peanut butter hives. i bought out the store at the beginning of summer, lol. this is a really dumb week to do this probably, my husband is working nights. blah. someone told him chemo drugs are liquid radiation. this is not true, right?
freiguy
Family Member

Post by freiguy »

I don't remember the rash being too difficult to deal with. Zyrtec and benedryl knocked it out pretty quick. I am not sure of the bikinizone stuff. The one thing I do remember was that the days during the infusion week seemed to get longer. I had my wife to keep me company...it was great having her around.