introduction

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
booboo

introduction

Post by booboo »

:wink: Hi, I'm new at all this forums stuff. I was searching the web for info on MS and found this site. I was diagnosis with MS in Nov. 08' and started taking Avonex but this week had an allergic reaction and will no longer take Avonex. Once paperwork is completed I'll start on Copaxon. I am scared to DEATH. A shot everyday I hope I have the courage to do it. I couldn't give the Avonex shot. I went to my physician office once a week for the injection. I'm so dissappointed having to change even though Avonex made me sick for 24hours once a week. I never got use to the side effects. I just can't think of shot/pain everyday. But This will be my next step. If anyone can offer the real truth about Copaxon please help me... :P I teach school and worried or concerned about how much longer I'll be able to keep up with small children all day. Being that I am working and can work I know disability is out of the question. I'll never qualify. Even though work is an struggle ... I go to work to come home just in time to sit and go to sleep. I have no life outside work and staying alert during work hours is a struggle.. what do other MS folks do?
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hi, BooBoo,

Sorry to hear that you have MS and having to deal with the shots.

Is that the only choice you were given? I was on Rebif 3 shots a week and could not tolerate the side effects. I am now on Tysabri infusions once a month. I feel so much better and no shots.

Hope you do great on the Copaxone.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
patientx
Family Elder

Post by patientx »

BooBoo:

The Copaxone shot should be a little less daunting. It's subq, so the needle is MUCH smaller (believe me, I do both types, and I still have to psych myself up to do the IM shot). Also, an autoinjector is available for the subq shots, so all you have to do is press a button. There's no flu-like effects with the Copaxone, but you might get some bee-sting type pain in the beginning. This doesn't last long, though.

As for the fatigue, I get this. Some days, it's a real struggle. But I think some natural things help. B-complex vitamins, for one. Also, there's been some discussions on this site about Quercetin, EGCG (found in green tea), Bromelain, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine.

Failing these, there are some meds than can be prescribed for fatigue.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Welcome BooBoo - You will find many supportive people here on TIMS> i am unable to help you with the CRAB drugs because I have never taken them but there are people here who take Copaxone - they shoud be able to answer some of your questions.

I am sorry that you find yourself on this website - but if you have MS, this is the place to be.

Take Care,
Sharon

Return to “Introductions”