More free info on Zamboni's Presentation at Charing Cross

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

More free info on Zamboni's Presentation at Charing Cross

Post by CureOrBust »

I found the following while trying to find what information was actually in the charing cross videos and books.
vn_charing_cross_2009-lowres.pdf

on page 10
Multiple sclerosis and the cerebral venous system
At the Charing Cross Symposium on Monday 6 April, Paolo Zamboni (pictured), University of Ferrara, Italy, will present the rationale behind and promising preliminary results of an endovascular technique for the treatmentof multiple sclerosis. According to Zamboni, a topographic correspondence between multiple sclerosis plaques and the cerebral venous system has been demonstrated, and in histological studies characteristic signs of impaired venous drainage – such as perivenous iron deposits and fibrin cuffs – are evident.

Zamboni notes an abnormal cerebral venous outflow in 86% of multiple sclerosis sufferers participating in this study associated with the azygous vein. The authors performed 77 balloon angioplasty procedures to treat identified venous obstructive lesions under local anesthesia. Patients who underwent this procedure were followed up by means of a validated clinical test for investigating the motility of upper and lower extremities as well as cognitive function (the multiple sclerosis functional composite), then expanded disability status scale, Expanded Standard Disability Status Scale,and a recognised quality of life questionnaire (MSQoL-54), in addition to clinical and magnetic resonance imaging assessment. The venous patency and its relationship with the clinical course was also evaluated.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

beat me to the punch.

is it on the videos?

I'll pay the 80 pounds no danger if its on there and I'll host it for a period of time too.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I'll pay the 80 pounds
Man that is generous, but it is supposed to go on to the website. We were set up to get it before the cxsymposium even happened, but Sharon took up that task after the fact and when she wrote to Zamboni he said they were putting it on the website which eliminates any copyright issues and gives free access to boot....I hope it does go on there. Really, Dr Z has been generous with his materials to date.

Sharon do I have that correct?
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

okay so leave it a while then if not we'll take action!
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

You are very generous jamie...Thank you
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Yes, Marie you are correct.

May 15, 2009 The following was from Charing Cross
Dear Sharon,

We expect the talks to be available online by the end of this month. The charge has yet to be determined but in 2008 the cost was £75. I have made a note to contact you again when the talks are online.

Kind regards,
Chris Timmins
Conference Director
BIBA Medical Ltd
44 Burlington Road
London SW6 4NX
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7736 8788
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7736 8283
www.cxsymposium.com
then I received this from D. Zamboni
thank you for the Forum interest in CCSVI. The origin of such a new window
open on MS is get back of 8-9 years, or more. We are preparing, thanks to
the generousity of Hilarescere Foundation, a web site in order to spread
information among people. The address could be www.hilarescere.org, there
will be links publications materials info etc available for everybody.
Everybody will download info at the time in which it may become public.
Again thank you very much for your interest,
Regards,
Paolo Zamboni, MD PhD
I would imagine everything will be posted on or very close to Sept 8th.
Jamie - that is very kind of you to offer to purchase but you may be stricted by copyright issues and you would not be able to post online - everyone would have to go through you. I had more interest in getting the video before going to Stanford and mentioned to Marie that I would purchase when it became available. Now that I have been tested and treated - I think I can wait until Sept 8th. It is going to be interesting to read. But, now it is kind of "I've been there, done that" -- it is not as crucial for me to get the information immediately.
Sharon
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

I would.

Just realised though its a physical dvd that has to be mailed to the US etc.

Probably not much quicker than waiting for the public presentation.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I had more interest in getting the video before going to Stanford and mentioned to Marie that I would purchase when it became available. Now that I have been tested and treated - I think I can wait until Sept 8th.
It has the biggest interest to folks still making up their minds (Chris :wink: ) I am hoping that as more and more of us are having this success with the treatment it becomes more of a moot point.

His lecture spot was only 15 minutes long....80 pounds is a lot! 'Course thats how they make money to pay for symposiums.......
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

mrhodes40 wrote:His lecture spot was only 15 minutes long...
Yeah, but Italians are known for talking fast! :D

I note there is also a book, which may have more info? I tried finding info on the site, found an info email address, but then lost the name of the book. The web site has no real info regarding what is contained in the material.

Are his preliminary results presented in both the video and book? does the book expand on the 15minute video, or is it just a transcription of the video? yeah, I know, this is the email to be sent to the guys selling it for 80 quid a pop. :oops:
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

According to the cxsymposium guy I was in contact with before the thing and who I contacted just afterwards to try to get the presentation, Dr Zamboni wrote a chapter for their book which is supposed to be a summary of his presentation. The book is about 90 USD as I recall.

They did not specify what exactly was in it.

But that is a lot of money, and considering his study is not done yet I suspect anything he says is going to be equivocal, as most researchers are, in front of actual release of the work, probably both in the presentation and in the book :roll:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Jamie wrote:I would.

Just realised though its a physical dvd that has to be mailed to the US etc.

Probably not much quicker than waiting for the public presentation.
VLC (http://www.videolan.org) is a freeware application which can be used to convert a physical DVD to a video file (including compression to MP4 etc) on your hard drive.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" dvdsimple://E:  :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=3072,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=512,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,audio-sync,mux=ts,dst="C:\TEMP\VideoOut.mp4"}}
After installing the software, the above statement should convert the video (assume to be in "E:" drive above), into an MP4 file on your C drive. You can also adjust the "scale=0.25" fairly safely to make the output file smaller.