Pushing into October for surgery

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
prof8
Family Elder

Pushing into October for surgery

Post by prof8 »

I just talked to Alex. They are already pushing into October for scheduling the testing/surgery. So Dake read my file in just a few hours after receiving it but I guess there are so many people now calling for the surgery there is a backlog!

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.
mormiles
Family Elder

Post by mormiles »

Thanks for the heads-up prof. I just called her too, and she said the same. She won't be calling us back for another week at which time Steve's imaging and intervention will be scheduled. I only hope that one-week delay won't push Steve's time into November.
Joyce (aka cypriane)~caregiver and advocate in Dallas for Steve (SPMS)----"Enter through the narrowgate..."
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Oh my!!!

I want it now... But I will wait my turn.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Also waiting. I just want to know the date, don't really care when it is. Except if I'm going to end up getting stents, I sorta have this thing about wanting to be recovered before the new year starts so I can go on a good diet and workout plan. Sort of start the year off with a new healthy mentality and give CCSVI treatment every chance to heal my body over the next couple of years.

Rokkit
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I know, my niece is getting married this Nov and I want to be somewhat recovered so I can help her do some things.

I was really hoping for September. :?

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

I finally talked to Dr Dake yesterday (I'd first called back in June but my info got shuffled around for a bit it seems) .... now waiting to hear from his scheduler to work out a date to come out.

I am still struggling - on one hand, I want to do it, NOW (assuming I have blockages) - on the other, it is tempting to wait a bit and let the process be refined by others who are in more desperate need of quick intervention than I am ... ugh! I guess I'll just go be tested ... I have a feeling if they find blockages it will be unlikely that I'll decide to leave em alone ...