Family Elder

Good news for Opexa!

Post by ElMarino »

A deal with Novartis..

<shortened url>
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Any speculation on whether or not Novartis will pick up the clinical trial?
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
ElMarino
Family Elder

Post by ElMarino »

I think that selling the rights to the stem cell side of things will allow funding for the continued development of Tovaxin, I think..
Sweetyhide
Family Member

Post by Sweetyhide »

I am thrilled.
Hopefully it can resume.
Now I am thankful I didn't start on any other treatment.
~Sweety
Peace, Love and Potato Salad
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Stock went up from about $.47 a share to $2.30 today. I sold mine at a lost at the end of last year for about $.13 a share.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Article today says that Opexa plans to continue on with Tovaxin clinical trials! I am also happy that I didn't go on any other therapy! There is hope yet! Woohoo!

I wonder what the plan is!
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

From Opexa's web site

"We have been firmly focused on three key elements of Tovaxin development over the past several months - the preparation and planning of the next clinical study, securing a long term strategic partnership and the continued analysis of the Phase IIb data. All three are progressing well and strengthening our financial position and securing compliance with the NASDAQ requirements will allow us to maintain our focus on developing this very safe and effective treatment for MS"

Sounds like they are still planning to analyze data and look for a partner to continue the study....
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Holy Crap, I guess I picked the right time to check in. Has anyone spoken with their trial coordinators? I'll try to check in more often, I miss you guys.
Be Well.
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

av8rgirl wrote:Article today says that Opexa plans to continue on with Tovaxin clinical trials! I am also happy that I didn't go on any other therapy! There is hope yet! Woohoo!

I wonder what the plan is!
See what happens when I take off time from the computer and do family vacation-things?!?!?!?! :lol:

I guess it's time to start writing up another whiz-bang e-mail to a bunch of "likely suspects" letting 'em know we're still here... patiently waiting... nah, IMpatiently waiting... :D
Jane the Pain
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

Lars wrote:Holy Crap, I guess I picked the right time to check in. Has anyone spoken with their trial coordinators? I'll try to check in more often, I miss you guys.
Be Well.
Lars
We miss you, too! I sure am ready to get this stuff started.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Cheryl, but don't Phase III trials involve lots and lots of patients? If this is true, we ought to see a lot more sites involved. And my next question will be wondering if some of us can just sort of "slide" to a more convenient locale... although my gang up in Columbus are so easy to work with, I seriously doubt I'd make a jump.

But I'm hoping this will be an option the bunch of us can consider WHEN we get revved up again. :)
Jane the Pain
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

Hi folks!
Still alive and still alternating between caregiving and digging out when a chance presents itself.

My neuro on Friday (MRI shows no new lesions) strongly recommended that I get onto a DMT promptly in hopes of transitioning to the new oral therapy in the late spring when it is available. So unless somebody can come up with something beyond hope for Phase III sometime, which obviously I would prefer, then that's where I'm headed. Copaxone. Joy.

Lars, cabin in the woods sounds pretty great to me, but sorry it took a divorce to get you out into one. That sucks, but congrats on surviving it and plowing ahead…mine would/WILL be in Montana.

Good news on the big picture front from the pharma. Wish they'd swooped in 9 months ago but probably got a better deal by waiting.

Take good care y'all.
p
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

I haven't heard squat from the trial coordinator even after sending the news releases etc.

I have had 4 relapses since November and MRI shows 2 new lesions. My neuro wants me on something...I am balking -- holding out that Tovaxin will be back as a trial.

I wish SOMEONE FROM OPEXA would tell us something.

Has anyone heard ANYTHING????
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

av8rgirl wrote:I haven't heard squat from the trial coordinator even after sending the news releases etc.

I have had 4 relapses since November and MRI shows 2 new lesions. My neuro wants me on something...I am balking -- holding out that Tovaxin will be back as a trial.

I wish SOMEONE FROM OPEXA would tell us something.

Has anyone heard ANYTHING????
I haven't heard a peep, either. I check their homepage every day to see if they have any new press releases and that "stock quotes" item on the Investors Tab to panic over that *^#* stock going up and down like a seesaw.

My husband got some stock info that indicated that in spite of the cash infusion, the facility at the Woodlands is still pretty much geared only for the small number of patients that WE and the Phase I gang comprised.

Looks like one of our "clues" might be checking Houston's medical employment pages to see when Opexa will be bringing on a bunch more people to handle the crowd that Phase III will surely entail.

VERY annoying!!! :cry:
Jane the Pain