Catfreak's Trip to Stanford!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

WHOA! Cat, you take the cake. Just read your report out loud to Jeff...we both send our healing thoughts. I'm looking forward to talking to Dr. Dake about all of this next week. I think Jamie's right about the congenital evidence lining up for most folks, but I still think we're going to see some who've acquired this after an injury.

Is arachnoid from the same root as spider???
Get some rest, Cat-
cheer and Jeff
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Hi Cat!!!

Wow, aren't you glad he was able to fix all that? Geez louise I can't wait to hear more when you can share more.

I LOVED the bed there too. I felt like I could heal there and was not sure before I left home I'd feel that way, know what I mean? but it's great. I hope you do get the Internet for a day or two while you recover it'll help distract you. You'll feel better every day too!

I have a plan for the bag....eat a McDonalds instead of the restaurant then save 10 per meal, in a mere 110 meals you will have saved enough to buy the bag!! Only 45 more and the charm can be yours as well. You're welcome :wink:

Heal well!! If you feel ennui at all just remember you are a stent-o-teer! Yeah!

But seriously it was not an option to leave it in was it. That is how I felt I was all "Oh maybe I won't treat it but wait".... Nope. My pictures were bad enough there just was no doubt things needed repair. I am really pleased for you that they were able to get it all out.
marie
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Way to go, Cat! You sound much better. Also sounds like you and your spider cyst take the title away from Lew and his tulip valve for Dr. D's "Oddest Patient." And I think Lew took it away from Mark originally? Well, his patients aren't odd, just their veins. :D
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Great news that your procedure was such a success. Sorry we didn’t cross paths. I was on the way out when you were arriving. I had the horse to stable syndrome and could hardly wait to start for home. We spent Tuesday eve watching the sunset as the moon rose over SF bay area from a vantage point above the fog then met with some friends in Mill Valley just on the other side of the golden gate bridge where we spent the night. We celebrated my getting off the plavix and warferin. Dr. Dake said stay tanked up. I know he meant hydrated but after two months without a glass of wine well let us say I might over done it a bit. Got tanked and had a dandy hang over to drive home with. Happy Healing !!! Cheers, Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
bibliotekaren
Family Member

Post by bibliotekaren »

Cat,

I didn't know that they could stent all the way up to the sigmoid sinus! That's an area that's buggered on me -- I look forward to getting that looked at soon (after a different surgery).

Sorry that you had it rough but hope you see some improvements down the road. Take good care!

Donna
javaneen
Family Member

Post by javaneen »

WOW Cat! I can't believe it...well I guess I can. I have stopped being so suprised by everything Dr. D finds. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I send you positive thoughts!

I look forward to hearing your posts about post op recovery!
javaneen
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Sitting in the hotel resting some more before we head to the Caltrain Station to go back to San Jose.

Had a wonderful breakfast in the Poolside Cafe. Awesome fresh fruit and anything else you could imagine they can make for you and with the 1/2 price card that made it even better.

Today my head and neck hurt, I knew that would happen. I get these kind of sinking feelings every so often and I know that must be just tiredness and maybe some meds too. I dread the plane trip back to Nashville, we have a layover in Chicago. But we will stay in Nashville tonight so we don't have to try and drive the 3 hours home late at night. I am ready to be home again soon.

later,

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Have a safe trip home and feel better.

Michelle
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Maybe instead of Catfreak I should be SpiderWoman!!

Cat aka Spidey

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I noticed a kind of post surgery let down too. It is one thing to "know" you are going to have a headache and another to really feel it. Plus the anesthesia sticks in your fat for a few days and makes you feel a little wonky/wierd/down.

You will feel better soon SpideyCat!!
have a great journey--
marie
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Well we are finally in a hotel in Nashville tanking up on water and resting for our 3 hour drive home tomorrow.

OMG were we ever glad to get off a plane when we landed in Chicago at Midway Airport They had my wheelchair waiting and buzzed me over to the connecting flight to Nashville. They also had a wheelchair waiting in Nashville and took us to baggage claim and to get the shuttle to our van.

San Jose Airport was a nightmare. They did not have my wheelchair waiting and we barely made the flight. They could have caredless that they left us waiting, So stressful.

But now we can rest until tomorrow. Watch the College Football highlights (GO VOLS)!!

I wonder if Cheer made it to Bologna ok??

Cat

ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Dear SpideyCat!
Get better and better every day!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
radar22
Getting to Know You...

Post by radar22 »

Ditto on what Erika said
Dear Spidey Cat!
Get Better and Better Everyday!!
I like your new name!! :)

Cindy aka Radar
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of OZ!!

There's no place like home.

Cat

Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

Cat, just catching up on your journey, so glad that you are home! What a great feeling that must be. Thanks so much for posting all the details. Dake's poster child - - that's a special honor :wink:
Take care.
diagnosed RR in spring '04
1 stent placed in left jugular vein 7/15/09
on and off Copaxone
allergric to interferons and Tysabri

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”