5 days of doxy

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Sneaky
Getting to Know You...

Post by Sneaky »

Robbie,

Although we have not yet spoken, I have lurked for quite sometime and kind of followed your struggles. All I can say is this is awesome and wishing you even better days ahead!

Mike
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Robbie

I've just got back from hols and seen this - well done you! I'm so pleased for you.
Agatha
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

damn robbie, video is somethin else. we have a kick ass online resource here, and i hope it only gets better.
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Robbie, it's great to see you on your feet. I don't know what all those other people are talking about, crying while watching your video. I just had something in my eye...both eyes...
Chris55
Family Elder

Post by Chris55 »

Robbie, my daughter Suzy (who did the supplement treatment for a strep bacteria infection) had the "Herx" reaction also. There is a remedy she used..which of course I cannot remember!--but it involved sitting in a really hot bath with al kinds of "stuff" in the water. You might want to research something like "Herx reaction bath formula" and see if you can find it. It really helped Suzy! The bad thing is...you continue to go through this every several days as the bacteria die off but it does get less and less severe.

I just fell into this post...how are you doing with this AbX treatment???
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

That is fantastic! So happy for you Robbie. I love the part where you turn back to the camera and sort of throw your hands out like, "See! I CAN do it." Way to go! You're an inspiration.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Soap opera update, please? :wink: How are you doing now?????
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hi Mack, I'll stick my nose in here: at the moment Robbie seems to be suffering from the dreaded die-off reactions which are affecting his lower back. In a weird sort of way is good. Cpn tends to accumulate in joints, esprecially the sacroiliac joint, where the spine meets ilium of the pelvis. I think he has been hit quite soon because of previously taken minocycline, maybe only for immunomodulatory reasons, but the germs didn't know that.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Sarah, Thanks for the update!
Robbie, If you're reading, please know that I think of you often and I'm so hoping this works for you. Hopefully this is just a rough patch to get through and you'll continue to improve and feel better once you're on the other side of it.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Yes Robbie, I hope you're getting through - those die-off reactions can be hideous.

That's interesting about the sacro-iliac joint Sarah - I have had trouble with mine for years.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Been trying to do this every day, maybe i will even be able to turn the tread mill on in the future, it's to fast for now. my lower back has been out for the last couple weeks so i am going at it slowly.
[URL=http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Unbelievable Robbie! :D
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

How is your back now, Robbie?

This is truly amazing and so is your new found persistence. I think it won't be long now until you turn on the treadmill!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

So happy for you Robbie!
Lori
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Robbie, Your first video was amazing, and you look so much steadier in this one! I'm so happy for you. Please keep them coming.

Return to “Antibiotics”