Hi, Could We All Introduce Ourselves on this thread?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Welcome Terry, and thanks for sharing your other favorite sites :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
ramairdad
Family Member

introductions

Post by ramairdad »

Hi Bonnie,
My name is Larry(ram air dad). I've had Ms for about 17 years and am in the secondary progressive stage. Hoping to get on tysabri theropy soon.(if my ins approves)I am currently unable to walk without a walker and am pretty exhausted all the time. The list goes on, but you know what I mean.
suzysuzy

Post by suzysuzy »

Hi Everyone,

I am a 54 yr old female who has just been diagnosed with MS in the last couple weeks after a bout with Optic Neuritis (blurred vision in one eye, lasting a couple weeks), and an MRI showing brain lesions. I am soon to start on Rebif. Needless to say, I am upset and confused and don't know what to expect from this disease or the medication. I have always been very active and healthy and very busy with a lot of interests and dreams yet to be fulfilled. I would love to hear from some people who can relate to what I am going through since of course, no one that I know has a clue about this and I am beginning to feel alone and alienated from the masses. Looking for some new friends........
Thanks for sharing.......
Suzy
suzy
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Welcome Suzy, you're among friends.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
snackhand
Getting to Know You...

Hello from Holland

Post by snackhand »

Hello everyone,

I am a 46 years female,I'm Dutch,living in Belgium.

RRMS since 1997 (diagnosed)

I'm on avonex for five years,but very interested in antibiotic tharapy.

I'm still walking and talking and worke parttime as a doktersassitant.

Hope to learn from you and share experiences,

Groeten van Annemarie
Aradia

Hello again

Post by Aradia »

I didnt mean to break any rules or anything, but I posted a seperate intro (Hello from Chicago), and when I saw this at the top decided to intro myself again. I am 30, undiagnosed and pissed off at the moment. I have been experiencing MS like symptoms since October 2003. I am not able to read all that well so I havent really been able to read anyone;s personal intros on this thread. Anyone please feel free to write me- I;m very lonely!! My story is posted in my journal, please read if u feel like it. I could use some..... something. I have the BEST husband in the world, I couldnt be luckier, although we really dont have any other social support (parents and what not). Dave and I have been alone in this journey, and while many people have stated their marriage suffered from this hell hole, I think ours is stronger for it. I have 3 black cats, all of whom I got after I got sick for some companionship. 2 of them have a disorder called cerebellar hypoplasia and they cant walk either!! When I saw them I knew we were perfect for each other.

-Aradia
snackhand
Getting to Know You...

Post by snackhand »

Hi Aradia,

Your not alone!

My English is not very good,so I'm afraid I can't say exactly what I would like to say here,but first of all a warm welcome here.

I'm a member since yesterday,so the perfect person to welcome other people on this forum.

Hope to see more written by your hand.

By the way: Rare that your undiagnosed and having two cat's who do!

Greetings,Annemarie.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

AnneMarie and Aradia-- a big welcome to both of you. We hope you find our community helpful and friendly.
ms_gkygrl

hello ... from New York

Post by ms_gkygrl »

Hi,

I was happy to find this site after a bit of research for my own site beatms.org. Community for people with (and those in limbo land) is so important. I've been diagnosed since 2002 (officially). The journey felt like a long one!

I am happy to have my partner - and our cats (4 of them since we co-joined she brought 2, I brought 2).

I just had to share. (from left to Right: Skyla, Scooter, Rocco, and Ozzy). These were 4 rescues, 2 of them feral (the browns) and two left on a doorstep and abandoned. :( I find the cats are great therapy and a wonderful distraction.

This looks like a great place to hang out and I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you.

Greetings, from New York (Albany). Where are folks from?

- Diana
slideGirl

Post by slideGirl »

Hey all.....

I'm Sherill in Ft. Worth. I'm almost 43, married to my only husband 18 years and have 2 girls, 14 and 12. I'm a musician and webdesigner by trade, but mostly I'm a stay at home mom.

I was dx on Valentine's Day this year. It came totally from left field - I had an MRI because of a bad headache I'd been having for several weeks. Turns out I had/have a deep sinus infection but they also saw 2 lesions, one of them active. I had no clue when my internist got me in to see a neuro the next day...absolutely no idea!

I'm not on any treatment yet - I see him tomorrow again and I'm guessing we'll talk about that. I'd be curious to learn about any other MS neuros in the FW area - I like the one I have but I don't know of any others!

Sherill
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Diana and Sherill, welcome to the site :)
texas_jim
Getting to Know You...

hello from texas

Post by texas_jim »

hello my name is jim. i'm a paramedic in texas. dx back oct 2001 and been on avonex since thanksgiving day 2001.

jim
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

welcome aboard, Jim, glad to have you :)
texas_jim
Getting to Know You...

thanks

Post by texas_jim »

thanks
christine13

introduction

Post by christine13 »

Hi everybody, :D
I've juste registered a few hours ago. now I just found out this thread and introduce myself. I'm 55 old, live in france on the Riviera, dx'd in fall 2002. I refused any treatment (seemed unjustified with one relapse). I just have a special diet avoiding dairies, wheat and overcooked dishes. Everyday, i take vitamins, complements and do physiotherapy. For the moment, no new relapse but fight against tiredness.
I'd be happy to share experience , moments of joy or sadness.
As I lived in Principality of Monaco during 27 years I used to speak English regularly. Now I miss it.
So, do me a favor by correcting me when I make mistakes in this beautiful language.
Thanks for sharing. :wink:

Return to “Introductions”