Secondhand Bioness

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
Smoelly

Secondhand Bioness

Post by Smoelly »

In Europe the Bioness is just getting more attention. However the pricing is quite a bite higher (€8100). Therefor I am looking into the possibility of buying one in the US and prefably a used one/second hand.

Is anyone willing to help me in buying one and shipping it to Europe?

Best regards,

Kurt (Netherlands)
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Kurt - I seriously doubt you would be able to get a technician to calibrate a used Bioness. You might want to try asking a Bioness distributor before you spend any money or time trying to find one in the U.S.

Sharon
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I highly doubt anyone who has the device would get rid of it so I really have no idea where you may find it.
Smoelly

Post by Smoelly »

Hello,

you might be right. It was just a consideration. However, still considering it :D

so, any information is appreciated

Smoelly
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I wonder if the UK price would be a bit less as the £ is not so hot right now to the €.
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

Kurt,

Are you aware of this UK product? http://www.odstockmedical.com/PatientsS ... Space.html

Looks very similar with raised heel activation except signaling is not wireless?

I just started researching and this looks to sell in the U.S. for near 80% less. Without insurance coverage this looks like a worthwhile alternative.

They list a Netherlands Distributor:

Opus Medical bvba, Overdemerstraat 10, 3511 Kuringen. Belgium
Tel: +32 (0) 11 27 04 17 Fax: +32 (0) 11 28 12 04 Email: info@opusmedical.eu
Web: www.opusmedical.eu
Contact: Johan Segers (General Manager) Mob: +32 (0) 478 341 923
Email: johan.segers@opusmedical.eu
mslenny

Re: Secondhand Bioness

Post by mslenny »

I cannot see why a Qualified Bioness Technician/Physical therapist would not calibrate a Used Bioness for you. You would just have to pay the full cost of their time, I would think. The Bioness Company actually sells reconditioned units. The one I bought from them was like new and reconditioned because someone had tried it out and it hadn't been what they wanted. It is in excellent condition! I had to stop using it because I injured the meniscus in my left leg. I am selling it at a great loss, but it is of no use to me now. Why would they not calibrate it for the individual? We had to travel 45 miles to have it calibrated by a Bioness tech, but we did not mind the drive. It was worth it to me at that time.

Return to “Medical Devices”