Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Not to hijack my own thread, with shameless exploits, but wanted to toss in my pic from the follow up appt on Monday night, seems like ages ago already!

Apologize in advance for my haggardness and for leaving my IV gauze on lol. That's my friend Don on my right, he's known me since I was 18. Can't believe it's been almost 23 years I've known him! Dr. D. is covering up my other girl but you can see Savannah on my shirt.

Second shot is from our first trip up there in August, the day before stenting. Same shirt, yes, I like to have my girls with me!

Hope that don't break your computer screen ;)

Also, in a miraculous breakthru, one thing I've NEVER been able to do, is remember someone's name. Tonight I was introduced to someone, friend of a friend, and as usual it was in one ear, out the other, forever lost. It is very embarrassing to deal with that. If I write it down on something, chances are greatly increased, but hearing it? Forget it.

But then when it came time to say goodbye, in popped the actual short term recall of the introduction, and for once in my life, I actually said, "nice to meet you ______!". THAT was shocking. Not a big deal for some people, for me it was miracle! Told ya the short term memory was improving a LOT. Even bragged about it to the wife, she was shocked too! lol. The little things....
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Can think of no better way to spend my big 4-0 today, than celebrating 3+ months of stent-inspired freedom. That's the best present one could get! (And expensive too!).

The benefits continue to accumulate, my mind feels like it did in my 20's, sharp as a tack. Though I tend to be naturally dimwitted sometimes, that's transient! I go nonstop all day and into the wee hours and bounce out of bed in the am and go nonstop all day again. If you tell me something I can actually recall it now, word for word.

Energy level vastly improved, mood is great, a few nights ago I sat on a committee and we had a homeowners meeting at 7 pm, normally those late evening hours are very bad for me, I can act like I'm participating but not quite all there and just faking it til I make it.
It was refreshingly normal to be actively engaging the audience on our issues and speaking in front of a crowd, something that usually turns me into a nervous bowl of gelatinous substance.

Had occasion to retrieve my Neuro records from their office on Tuesday, a nice lady looked to be 70ish was in there to get a B12 shot, we struck up a conversation and what a firecracker she was! Talking of her cross country trips and walking 3 miles at a stretch and flying hither and yon. My jaw about hit the floor when she told me she was 86! I told her I turned 40 this week, she said, "oh, you poooor baby" hahaha. I love it.

Obviously the point being despite any and all limitations you don't gotta act your age! Ask my childrens!

Anyways, like everyone else looking forward to Saturday and continuing to find ways to spread the word in my own itty bitty sphere of influence.

Mark Miller.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Happy Birthday Mark!

Glad things are going well for you and I really hope the trend continues. Have a great day!

From another Mark (Also 40) but not stented yet :wink:
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
radeck
Family Elder

Post by radeck »

Happy Birthday and thanks a lot for keeping us posted.
Last edited by radeck on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Marky.... :lol: . Glad to hear you are still doing well dude! I have just recently STARTED doing well and I'm lovin' it!
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Great pictures Mark! what sweet girls :)
you've contributed a lot to this forum, and I always enjoy your posts. happy birthday! Have good cake....... :wink:
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Happy birthday Mark! Yes, I have to agree, stents are the best present. Who would have guessed that a little metal stent could make a person so happy and content. :D
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Happy Birthday Mark, Your just a pup! Keep it it up you will stay as young as you feel. Cheers, Mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Thanks everyone for the bday props. The best present I got, was my 6 year old singing "Proud to be an American" while doing the song in sign language, something the teacher taught them at school. Like, is this my kid where did she learn that it was INCREDIBLE! Might put it up on youtube sometime just for kicks... I explained to her you can't buy that kind of stuff in stores...

:) Mark.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Happy belated birthday Mark! I am so happy to hear about your improvements!!! Have a wonderful weekend :)
Rhonda
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
kinga
Family Member

Post by kinga »

Beautifull Kids Mark! And Happy B-day! Best wishes from Poland
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Happy Birthday Mark:) x
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Vsetko najlepsie k narodeninam, Mark! :D
It was Happy Birthday in Slovak language.

Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

I really liked all the mulitcultural birthday wishes from around the world! :) Thanks Erika !
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”